
On my doctor appointment on April 22nd the growth scan for baby B Elsie shy owed that she was still having some growth issues. That was reason enough for my doctor to want to induce me. We had planned on stripping my membranes that day to help me along, so we decided to still do that and then hope I would go on my own and if not induce a few days later. When she went to strip me she said that I was already 6 cm dilated and that I would need to head to the hospital since she had no doubt I would deliver that day. So I called Nick and headed to the hospital! It was baby day!!
I got checked in and they decided to start pitocin to help move things along and I wanted to get epidural before they broke my water. The epideral hit a nerve the first time and I was still feeling contractions on my right side. The anesthesiologist tried upping my dosage and things were still not right. So he replaced it and I felt much better. My blood pressure dropped a bit from all the meds and I had to wait for that to level back out before the doc would break my water. Once I was feeling better and my water was broke it was smooth sailing! I started feeling lots of pressure shortly after my water was broke and was ready to push...but I was holding off for Nick's parents to bring a camera! Luckily it got there right in time!
I delivered in the operating room since it was twins. Baby A came after a few pushes and baby B came after some turning to get her head down and just a couple pushes.
Baby A~ Cohen Elwood 6.5lbs 18 3/4long head 13in chest 12in born at 5:58pm 4.22.13
Baby B~ Elsie Ryann 4.14lbs 18 3/4 long head 12in chest 11in 6:31pm 4.22.13










No comments:
Post a Comment