It doesn't care where it gets stuck,seat belts, armpits, mouth, when you sit down...
At the 6 month mark my hair was growing more than I thought and was almost at my goal at that mark...So I decided I would allow myself one heat treatment a week for the remainder of the challenge! I will admit that this past week I allowed myself a refresher curl due to family pictures.
Initially I just wanted to be able to really touch my hair when I reached my arm around back and for it to rest on my chest. Mission Accomplished!!
Here is a recap of my stats!
Start 12.12.12
18 inches in braid
8 inches undergrowth (hair regrowth under near ear area)
1 month mark
19.5 in braid
10.5 undergrowth
2 month
21 inches in braids / 23 inches down (finally some difference before there wasnt much of a change from down/braided..only like .5 inch)
11.5 inches undergrowth
I had measured a few times in there but not a whole lot to report a half inch here or there...but WOWZERS I wasn't expecting my measurements this morning!
24 inches in braid 28 down & 16 undergrowth!!
HOLY MOLY! Pretty impressive when the normal hair growth is .5 inch a month!
First Day Last Day
Surpassed the reach!
First Day Last Day
Love! Now time for a little trim and to fix these GRAYS!
Thank you all for your encouragement during the last year. I cannot even begin to tell you all how much I feel back to myself. There are days I look in the mirror and almost recognize that person looking back now! I must say that this has been a much needed self esteem booster, not because of my hair is long again and I like the way it looks but because I feel proud and accomplished of MYSELF!!! #Longhairdontcare






No comments:
Post a Comment