13 days until we begin! I will be doing a lot of styling before then. I will be off work for a little over a week and am taking that time to try some no-heat ways to curl my hair. I am practicing because once I go back to work I will need some easy styles that I can prep for the night before.
Yesterday I read about how to get curls with a stretchy headband. Here is an overview and tutorial. I did exactly what she did, except I wanted loose waves instead of full on curl. I put some leave in conditioner on my dry hair last night and got to twisting. If you want tight curls, do this on damp hair (not wet, or it will never dry) and twist tighter around the headband. Tighter twists = tighter curls, obviously.
I woke up this morning after having my headband in for approx 10 hours. (I did not sleep this long) I was pleasantly surprised! I have awesome beachy waves with almost no work. Next time I will dampen my hair a big and twist a little tighter for more curl. But, if you just want waves, this is a serious win-win. I have tried quite a few no-heat methods of curling and this is by far the best result.
Forgive my cell phone photos. I promise better quality from here on out.
This is with no brushing or styling of any kind. I just ran my fingers through my hair. This would be a beautiful start to an up or half-up style, eh?
~~Bobbie




No comments:
Post a Comment