This month I was reeled in at the deli counter. I ordered my turkey and while I was waiting something pretty caught my eye. You know those free samples strategically placed under those glistening domes. Don't pretend you have no idea what I am talking about. I know we all try to ignore them so I will give you a visual of some sort...
Now that we are on the same page let's just say I was lured in by the chocolate pretty little dome, O.K. Well the delectable little brownie I popped into my mouth took me back to my childhood and a special snack.
So what did this chocoholic do? Grabbed my turkey and dashed on over to the sweet treat aisle. You guessed it I nabbed me a box of Little Debbie Brownies. I couldn't resist eating one on the way home and after the first bite I must admit the nostalgia wore off pretty quick! It was in no way what I had remembered as a kid. BLEK.
Knowing that this was the only chocolate in the house I conjured up a plan to get rid of it quickly before wasting all those calories on something oh so not worth it. I slyly asked my husband if he wanted a brownie after dinner and to my surprise he declined! UGH one more stupid Little Debbie in my tummy.
Well this afternoon somehow my hubby threw in the fact that he saw my "stash" of Little Debbie's and asked me if I thought they would go un-noticed. I sweetly said that I had asked him last night if he wanted a brownie and wasn't hiding a thing (hoping he would eat one & take a few to work) and he replied "Oh I thought you were going to make me some brownies not give me an individual wrapped fat pack!" I about died.
Note to self:
The deli counter deliciousness is INDEED not cut up Little Debbie brownies.




No comments:
Post a Comment