Our days look a little like this
9ish wake up, feed, diaper change, dress
Then she does some playtime on her mat upstairs while I get ready for the day
around 10 we head downstairs for some quite time and B goes in her bouncy or swing while i get coffee and about 15 minutes later I notice her sleepy cues.
*It is kind of like the EASY routine I guess. She naturally fell into that pattern in mornings & afternoon...minus the long period of sleep but by 3:00 feeding she wants to be nursed to sleep for long nap
She usually will eat every 3 hrs or so and go 30-90min before showing tired cues.
:o( this is what our naps look like
I try to catch her before she starts fussing....I swaddle her and walk her around, bounce her & use her paci and she will drift off. I pretty much have to make sure she is out like a light before putting her down in her pack n play. If I try just laying her down for any naps when she is almost asleep or drowsy her eyes pop right open & we start the whole process over. She will nap anywhere from 10 min to 45 minutes. Usually it is about 15 then she wakes up I rock/bounce her some and put her back down sometimes this works other times I just hold her because I know she is overtired and it's the only way she will take a longer nap.
Once she gets to the point of being overtired usually around 4ish it's all I can do to get her to nap...usually I result to nursing her & holding her so she will nap for an hour and a half or so.
Anyone have any pointers??
♥
♥


4 comments:
If she sleeps on her back, have you tried laying her on her side? M.E. did better sleeping on her side, and she still sleeps on her side mostly now. We never swaddled, so we resorted to that.
I can just come and hold her during all of her naps :) I really enjoyed that!
I have a similar routine with Maggie. When I put her down during the day for a nap I do a "hover hold", where I set her down but keep my body in contact with her while she adjusts to the new position... then pull away and place a blanket over her lower torso and legs. It doesn't always work but I feel like I have better odds of success when I use it.
I agree with the PP about side sleeping. I swaddle No and then roll a blanket and place it along his back (from mid chest down) this is how they taught me in the NICU. It props them on their sides.
Side note: This only works until they are actively rolling.
I cant wait to see some more pictures of the little princess!
Post a Comment