Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My adorable 2 month old!









My darling little girl is 2 months old today. I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed!!

Our little chonkster weighed in at 13lbs 1oz (90th%) and 22 1/2in long (50th%) and head measured in at 15 1/4 inches (50th%)

She got her 1st shots at her appointment. My oh my I am pretty sure I cried more than her!

Here she is with her band-aids!



Since we were in CA over her 1 month birthday I didn't have much to say...so this will be a little long since I am playing catch up!

2months of Briggsley

*Her hair is still red!! This was such a shock when you were born and I thought for sure it would fall out or change color by now! I am crossing my fingers it sticks around for a while ;O)
*She is super strong! She holds her neck up so well and I really never felt too concerned about her flopping it around! Daddy & I were so amazed when she was holding it up still in the hospital!!
*She is wearing 0-3 months clothes but are getting a bit short. The 3-6 clothes are still a bit big it just depends on the brand
*Mommy is trying her hardest to learn B's cries, but she doesn't make it easy. She is a bit of a faker ;o)
* She is happiest in the morning! Not sure where she gets this!
*She follows us around with her eyes when we move around.
*She loves it when I get her boogies out for the first few tries and tries to eat the bulb syringe & then she starts screaming bloody murder!!
*B enjoys tummy time but gets bored easily...even when I am right there next to her getting in my tummy time
*She loves staring at the wall behind the couch. She is obsessed I tell you. I am not sure if it the painting or the candle sconces...but she loves something about that darn wall!!
*She loves lights & fans! She would probably stare at it all day if I would let her ;O)
*She is kicking a lot these days!
* It took a while but she now will soothe herself with a pac...not just mommy.
*Clearly by her weight gain she eats like a champ! She prefers to nurse & is getting better at it every day! She will eat from a bottle but isn't a huge fan. We tried Platex nursers & Playtex Ventaire. She prefers the Ventaire and I tried Dr. Browns today & she really liked those! She eats about 4oz from the bottle when we give her one. She nurses about ever 3 hours now during the day.
*She gets diaper rash from both Huggies and Pampers!!! I could not believe that the Target brand Up&Up doesn't bother her a bit!! We are still working on our cloth diaper stash and the GDiapers just don't fit her well. But we are crossing fingers we will get the rest of our stash under the tree!
*She likes to stand up. Then deliberately sit down. It's adorable!! I am going to have to videotape it!!
*She loves her bouncy seat and would nap in it for the first month or so on her own...lately I have been having to rock her to sleep.
*She loves sleeping on her side. Even though I always put her on her back to sleep it is only a few minutes before she rolls onto her side!
*I am pretty sure the other day she realized she has a pet dog ;O)
*She smiles and laughs & I even caught her snorting a few times!!
*She has been sleeping about 10 or 11 hours for a about 2 weeks in her own crib in her room. She still wakes around 530am for a feeding and then will go back to sleep until around 9 ;O) Mommy is enjoying my sleep too!!
*She has been to CA, WV, & VA!
*She had an ear infection while we were in CA and fought off her 1st little cold!
*When she gets tired she starts sucking her hands and fingers. I know its time to swoop her up & start rocking because when she gets overtired things get crazy!
*We cannot swaddle her. She likes her arms out. I suppose this is so she can suck on them when she soothes herself back to sleep at night. Which she will do often ;O)
*You scoot around in your crib and I usually find you facing the opposite direction by morning.


We are so very thankful to have our beautiful baby girl here with us and are cherishing every moment! I wish I could put each day in slow motion so I can enjoy every morsel of her and our lives as a new family!!




Photobucket

5 comments:

MJ said...

Great Update!!

Glad to hear all is going so well!! Are you putting her in 3-6 month clothes since she is hefty!! It's nice to read about another baby with some meat on her bones!

Tiffany said...

She is so cute!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey love! It's so nice to read about briggsley and how she is growing, i think she gets her morning happiness from me! Love you and give miss B a big kiss from me! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

The GD diapers are not my favorite. Have you looked into the Flip system? Its made by the BumGenius people and they are excellent. They fit No since he was born at 5lbs. He is now only 11lbs and they are some of my favorite. They are also pretty afordable.

alliehallmarr said...

she IS adorable! and standing up already? oh man, you are going to have an early walker! thanks for your sweet comment over at my blog. i hope you get a much needed baby-being-well-behaved week (or months, can you imagine?1) soon!