Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Japanese, Gelato, Ham, Turkey, Oh MY!

We had a great weekend! It is so weird that every weekend could be our last weekend as just the 2 of us so we have been trying to not only spend time the 2 of us but with friends and family as well.

Thursday we headed off to our nephew Bryson's baseball game. Before that Nick and I hit up a little BBQ joint and the farmers market. The boys won the game & my Dad & Ruthie came to watch too! The weather was wonderful, we even had to pull the hoodies out! It was a great time!! We are looking forward to watching many baseball games this fall whenever our schedule allows we try to go watch him!

Friday we did some stuff around the house & ran errands. That evening we had plans to BBQ w/ friends but decided Japanese Steakhouse sounded much better! It was delish! I could eat that everyday!!! Afterwards of course some dessert was in order so we headed out for some gelato and a walk! Again, the weather was wonderful. We remembered our "town" was having a festival so we all hit that up, not before going over all the speed bumps in town! All that walking & speed bumping didn't do any wonders to get this kids out haha. I was wiped out by the end of the evening!

Now remember Nick has off Thurs & Friday...so when I say weekend that's our weekend ;o)

Sunday we headed over to my Dad's to celebrate Ruthie's (my lovely stepmom) birthday! There was a smorgasbord of food. I mean a pregnant lady's dream! They had ordered ham & turkey from Heavenly ham, and might I say it was heavenly. I am not a ham eater, nor am I a mustard eater...but you put them together and HELLO YUMMY GOODNESS! We had to pretty much visit & eat & then rush off so Nick could make it to work in time. No worries, we headed back over yesterday for a 2nd helping ;o)

Speaking of Turkey...It looks like we may have some visitors this Thanksgiving. We were looking forward to a visit from Nick's bro Corey, his wife Bobbie & our beautiful niece Reagan shortly haver Briggsley arrives, but they asked if they could come for Turkey! Well of course we couldn't turn them down!! Bobbie's birthday is around that time & I know she is really looking forward to celebrating when she is here! t will definitely be a change of scenery for them! Hopefully the weather won't be too cold by then & we can hit up the zoo! Maybe, just maybe! ;O)

In baby news. Feeling pretty good. Been waking up in the middle of the night for the past few nights & cannot fall back asleep. Not to mention cannot get to sleep in the first place. UGH. Had some consistent contractions last night for a few hours. But they puttered out. I swear I better not be one of those women who has contractions for weeks that lead to nothing, nada, zilch...well except for an induction & a beautiful baby...so I suppose it would be worth it ;o)

Well that about wraps things up. Nothing to exciting to post haha. House is clean and dinner is in the crockpot. Guess I was just postponing that next load of laundry. Ugh adult laundry, so boring. When do I get to start washing cute baby stuff?!?

>♥Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Bobbie Grant said...

I am so excited about coming up for Thanksgiving! I'm thrilled our short visit will be a long one! I would enjoy to see Briggsley now, thanks!