Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away.

Nick went in for his MRI on Sunday and had his follow up doctors appointment this morning. It looks as if he has a tibial plateau fracture. From my understanding this is better than the meniscus tear the doctor originally thought he had. His doctor recommended a brace and crutches, he needs to not put any weight on it so that it has a chance to heal. If he doesn't do this then the bones will become displaced. However, Nick wasn't to meet with an orthopedist since he has the big AT hike coming up in May. He wants to make sure he will be fully healed and will not have any problems. With what I know about breaks/fractures (they are the same thing by the way) if surgery is recommended then more than likely they will out a pin or a plate in his knee. But that usually is if the bones are already displaced. So I am not sure what the answer here is. I just know he wants to be feeling his best for this hike, and honestly if he is on crutches for 3 months I don't know how he is going to continue his training. He meets with the Ortho tomorrow I think. We will keep everyone posted.

It is a rainy nasty day and that has kept me from being more than motivated today. I have a lot to do! Finish wrapping presents, put some gifts together, get all CA gifts packed, laundry, and finish Christmas cards. It is 4:30 and none of which I have done...other than throw the sheets in the wash. HA! I guess I better get a move on!!


XOXO

No comments: