I am so ready for some snow...and lots of it! We have had 2 dustings now, such a tease. It is supposed to spit some snow in Roanoke while we are there, so I am crossing my fingers!! We are really looking forward to this weekend!!
Nick is getting some dental work done on Friday morning. And they advised him to take at least 3 hours off after since his mouth would be numb. So he figured he might as well just take the day off so we could get an early start to VA. So we will hopefully be on the road by 10 am. Of course I would love to leave earlier but his appt is at 8:30 and it is supposed to take an hour+. So that should put us there around 5ish. We will spend some time with Nick's parents and then head off to my sisters. She wants to make me Chili since I have been craving it for the past 3 months & have not been able to eat it since the meat tasted foul (darn radiation.) Since things are tasting better, I cannot wait!!! We also have a bit of a sisterly Christmas project we are going to work on for a bit! I love spending time with her and unfortunately I don,t always get to do that when we are in town. There is always so many people to see and places to go. Saturday night we are doing our annual Grant Family Crown Sterling Dinner. It is always such a great time. Afterwards we are doing our Christmas festivities. It is a bummer Aundi & Wes cannot make it again this year. It sucks because it seems like we can never get all of the family together very often. But thankfully we will all get together on Sunday for Reagan's 3rd birthday!! I cannot believe how old she is getting! Time sure is flying by!! I am so glad we are able to make it back down there to celebrate Christmas & Rea's bday!!
I have a 1 day lag time from returning from Roanoke before I fly out to CA. I am so excited to be able to spend time with all my family, especially around the holidays. It has been so long since we have ALL been together and this is going to be a very special Christmas.
In other news...Nick's doctor's appt went well. The orthopedist just advised him to take it easy & no running. Well hello I could have told him that, haha. They did want to take X-Rays and that was cool to watch! However, they didn't show the stress fracture anyways....Oh well! Good news is no surgery or brace, however I think he should still use a brace/crutches since his knee bothers him by the end of the day.
I still have some wrapping & packing to finish up before we leave! Hope everyone stays warm & has a great weekend!!
XOXO


No comments:
Post a Comment