Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Nick and I attempted to put up our Christmas tree last night. We failed to do so. When we lived in Roanoke we had two trees. One main tree where Santa dropped off all our presents and one in the den. The one in the den was a faux evergreen 5 foot tree that I decorated with all silver & blue ornaments. We like to keep everyone's presents that we were giving under that one. Anyways, since we were not going to be here this Christmas we thought we would just use that one. So we got the cardboard box out & started sorting colors. After several attempts & the whole thing was together...Nick and I just looked at each other & sighed. There was no way that after last years Holiday we were going to skimp this year. So we decided even though we didn't have the time this weekend to go cut one down, as we traditionally do, we were still going in search of a fresh one. So today after work, Nick, Diesel, and I headed to the local hardware store and found us a nice 6 1/2 foot Frasier Fur!




We decided this year we would use our to9pper from our Blue and Silver tree...A silver star. Nick is not a fan of my light up angel topper :O( so I think Next year we will look for a star that is pretty & lights up...he likes a star but misses the lighting up of my angel. So we will compromise I suppose!!




We are pretty proud of our tree this year :O) I am hoping I well get a neat new ornament from my Auntie's ornament exchange! We always get a new ornament each year that is special to Nick and Me. It is so fun every year pulling them out & looking at them. We have an "Our 1st Christmas" from 2004, a new home from 2005, Penguin fro Dollywood with our names on it from the 3nd Christmas, a Roanoke star from the 2007 (since we were moving) and last year we got a just married one! Each year it is new we have a special hangar for it & then the next year it is moved to the tree. We are not dorks...just suckers for Christmas!! We are planning on getting our 2009 ornament on Saturday during our "date day". I will be sure to post pics!!







\ This is me saying ENOUGH!!


After the tree was done I decided to kick back & Nick decided to maul me with the camera...apparently he likes my candy cane socks


Hope everyone has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments:

Gayenelle and Chuck said...

I love the socks!!

Mom said...

AW HOW CUTE SHAYLYN AND NICK LOVE THE TREE,I LIKED THE STORIES
OF THE SPECIAL PLACES YOU GET THE ORNAMENTS FOR EACH YEAR. THIS YEAR YOU WILL GET A SPECIAL ONE FROM CALIFORNIA. SEE YOU SOON AND TAKE CARE.
LOVE YA MOM