Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You can call me inpatient...


So apparently Nick isn't going to ever get around to blogging about his birthday. Day after day I watch him log into Blogger and read everyone's posts...but never thinks to blog. Well I took matters into my own hands and tol him to blog at work & email it to me & I would post it :O) So here goes the birthday boys story...

Wow, lets just preface this with I cant believe I am 24, I don't feel any different as normal and hopefully one day I will be 50 and still feel the same, but then again I have felt old ever since I started working at the ripe age of 17. But anyways, back to the main story....
I had to work, which was ok I mean I had plenty time off the phone, food, drinks even a birthday bag from Charter! j/k (it was just candy). But on to lunch, Tony wanted to go out to lunch with me and we decided upon Chinese one of my favorite foods... little did I know Shay had a surprise up her sleeve she had made me dinner!!! I was torn between lunch with her and the friends or dinner at Charter. Unfortunately I made a mistake on my choice but these were some of the deciding factors that based my opinion. 1.) when at work i like to get out on my lunch break don't like to stay in the office. 2.)friends want to eat out and I had already said yes 3.) I am a man who didn't realize when my wife says its my choice, she means you better choose me. So off we went to Chinese. She wasn't that mad but she did say she would never make me birthday dinner again! So on towards the night, I get off early and have a gaggle of people coming to my party at TGIF, couple people from work, Including my new friend Kim (remember this name). We get there and we are hanging out with Kim who brought some cupcakes and a birthday card for me, how sweet! Kim was excited to meet Shay and they were already talking each others ear's off. Next Mal and Randy show up. Now as another preface lets remind us of everyone's status, Randy good friend who was a groomsman in my wedding, who was previously divorced ans is now married to Mal (one of Shays BFF) with a baby on the way. Kim good friend from work who was previously divorced (hmmm this word keeps coming up) and is now working with me at Charter. So has anyone guessed it yet, I will give a brief pause for everyone to register the past sentence or two to pickup on the clues...
Ok you ready for it?! If you haven't already figured it out my new friend Kim just so happens to be Randy's ex wife.... What!?!?! How does this happen?! There is over 1 million people in Louisville and I so happen to come in contact with the 2 that were divorced from each other and there both in TGIF at my birthday party! So can we say awkward? I mean still to this day I cannot figure out how this happens, luckily Kim bowed out and decided that she would go. So we spent the rest of the night with celebrating with great friends!! All and All it was a great birthday but it deff was one for the books!!

Nick

3 comments:

Lee and Megan said...

omg thats hilarious...that would only happen to you..ON YOUR BIRTHDAY..lol! Amazing...what are the odds?!

Mallorey said...

Not so funny when you are the hormonal, pregnant, current wife! Been a week.... let's see..... let me check the status....yeah...still not funny from my point of view!! :)
Just kidding. Reading it out loud to Randy got a few laughs, I suppose!!

Lee and Megan said...

oh poor mallorey..i can only imagine! That baby would've probably popped right out of me I would have been so mad! haha...glad things are still cookin' tho! Good luck with your baby...and any ex's out there on the loose. :)