Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great labor day weekend! It was jump started with the fabulous news that Em(Mack) got the position at Charter here in Louisville!!! She has been thinking about moving here for a while now, and it looks like God finally decided it was her time :O) I am so thankful that she will get a chance to get out of Roanoke and start fresh in "the big city" :O) Since she had come down earlier in the week for her interview I headed back Friday after my DR. appt with her to Roanoke. Before heading to Danny's I stopped off at Macado's to visit with Tracy & Rob for a bit and had a chance to catch up with the Allstate crew. I was excited to spend Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon with Danyell. Jeff was supposed to head to the beach and it was going to be just us sisters, but plans changed since his ATV was out of commission. We ended up heading to the New River for some Kayaking on Saturday. We had such a fun time! I am keeping my fingers crossed for some more kayaking next year! Sunday we all went to Brambleton deli for lunch-yummy before heading to the family picnic at Nick's parent' s house. It was so great to see all of the family on both the Grant's (Chuck's side) & Davis' (momma G's side)! Bobbie's family was there as well and it was nice to see them again as well. We had a great time eating tasty food and hanging out by the firepit!




Sunday was spent celebrating our birthday's with Nick's family. We are so thankful for all the gifts and even more being able to celebrate with everyone! The rest of our long weekend was spent with family and friends. We are so thankful that we are able to go visit so often as well as have so many people who love to come visit! We are looking forward to our next trip down to pick up Diesel after we move in to the townhouse. I am not sure how I will be feeling so I may not be able to make that trip but for sure for Thanksgiving! Hope everyone had a great weekend!


XoXo

Loves

Shay

No comments: