To make a long story short...Nick and I have been house searching for quite some time. We were hoping to find a house to rent. Nick wasn't too excited about the idea of yardwork however. Ironic huh? We were hoping to find a place that we can enjoy being in for a a few years. So, of course we have been really picky. We thought we had agreed on some apartments off Bardstown Rd. However, I was still hoping to rent a condo or townhouse...or even a duplex. After searching on Cragslists for a few months and ruling out a lot of places, I stumbled upon some townhomes right near Nick's work and where we used to live. I had been by the townhouses a million times & loved them but I always thought that they were condos or townhomes you had to buy. I happened to mention a small sign advertising leasing...So after discussing it with Nick we went to take a look yesterday. We were extatic to hear that there was 1 available on Oct 1. While we were viewing one another family was looking and after we got back to the office a message was given to our consultant about someone who was waiting for a 2 bd to become availalbe. So after a discussion and viewing the location of the available townhouse we made the decision to put our application in. We were approved and with no deposit!! I was literlly jumping up and down & dancing in Mallorey's living room!!! Definently a great compromise!!!
I am excited to give some of my fave details :O)
2 bd 1/2 bath
1200 sq feet
The patio is huge & completely fenced in! We can even have our grill!
I like that the washer & dryer hookup is upstairs...that means no lugging clothes up & down!
Eat in kitchen...not like living room & dining room together like in most apartments or at our house in VA. We can actually sit & eat together without feeling like we need the tv on haha
Our front door faces the neighborhood that surrounds our complex...no parking lot at our front door!!
I will post more of course as we move in!
3 comments:
omg! This sounds EXACTLY like our place...2 BR 1 1/2 Bath..eat in-kitchen SEPARATE from the living room (lee and I were excited about that too)outdoor patio..fenced in..perfect for our cats and our grill!! only difference is our washer and dryer are downtairs...so lucky that yours is up! :) I'm so happy for you both...ours even look similar to those in the pic too!
lol i thought my comment wasnt going to your blog but i see now that they have to be approved...you probably have about 10 of those..haha sorry :)
Shaylynn and Nick
I am so happy that you both found what you were looking for and I am glad that it is by Nicks work.
Post a Comment