I swear this blog will not have the C word or mention anything related to the C word in it ;O)
Today I was blessed to be hit in the face with some nostalgia. One of my very favorite books is Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. I have been wanting to order it off of Amazon for a while now but I am pretty lazy when it comes to follow through. I decided to go into Books A Million this afternoon to kill some time & looks for some new reads (I seriously need to start doing a book exchange with friends or something) When browsing or as I like to say grazing through the isles I noticed a section called Your School Reads. Talk about flashback! I cannot believe that schools are having the kids read the same books still. I noticed my favorite book, there on the shelf. Took one look at the price & booked it (you know you like my play on words)for the Half Price bookstore where I nabbed my beloved book for $1.98.
This super happy wife is proud to announce that her hubby will be working almost normal hours!! That's right folks 10am-7pm Monday thru Friday!! No more weekends! Although I kind of liked it...going and doing things together during the week. But now he can attend family functions and all those fun weekend events!!
Mom will be coming to visit October 10-30! I am so happy! I cannot wait to spend time with her! I am so thankful that this year I have been able to see her so many times! Not to mention again December 16-27! :O)
We found out my nephew Justin and his girlfriend (or as I like to call her J$'s baby momma) are having a little boy! Yes!!! Auntie Shay guessed it right! She is due early February and they will be naming him Brayden Jase Phelps. I cannot wait!! I will be a Great Auntie x 4!
My nephew Josh is leaving for the Navy on the 22nd. It has been a long time coming & we are so happy for him. He will be stationed for training in Chicago! Of course we all know how much I love Chicago (I even have a shirt that says so! In fact I am wearing it now!) We sre planning to go see him grad in March! We are having a party for him on Sunday and I am excited to see all the family again!
Em is adjusting well to Louisville, and loving it! She likes the job so far and we are all anxiously awaiting moving into the townhouse. Hopefully late next week!! She will be staying with us for a few months until she can get settled into a place of her own. I know everyone is wondering how that will work out since Nick and I have had what..2 months of alone time since we were married! Right?! Well as soon as training is over she will be working 5:30 pm to 2:20 am with Fri & Sat off. That's right, the times Nick is home she will be at work. So really it is just a perk for me to have here there during the day :O) I mean seriously it's not like if she had her own place she wouldn't come see me anyways!
Hope everyone had a happy hump day! I am ending it here...Nick is home!
XoXo


No comments:
Post a Comment