MM&M Week 1
My husband Nick, always says to me that he remembers exactly what I was wearing the first time he saw me. I wish I could say the same, all I remember is seeing him on the other side of my Earth Science class on the first day of 9th grade. I know that we caught eachothers eye a few times but didn't think much of it. A few weeks later, I remember talking with him at one of the football games, for the first time. I not sure how over the next year we became such close friends, but we did.
My parents divorced that year, and in November of my 10th grade year my mom moved my sister and I back to California. All my friends met after the game to say goodbye, minus him. He wasnt there for this group photo.
I later found out from him that he had a hard time coming to say goodbye, that is why he just gave me a card and a hug that night. To this day, I still have both.
After moving to California I still called Nick as much as I could. Luckily I kept in touch even when he failed to. We remained friends, turning to each other for things that we seemed to only find in eachother.
Fastforward to the summer after my 10th grade year (2001. I flew out to VA for the summer. Nick and I started right where we left off, the best of friends!
That summer Nick and I grew closer within our friendship by the grace of God. Little did either of us know we would really need eachother, for the rest of our lives.
to be continued...
Make sure you head over to Rachel's for more Meetings, Marriages and Memories.


1 comment:
Hey, I just realized I haven't seen your posts before. Thanks for linking up! I'm going to catch up on the rest of your story! :)
Post a Comment