Wednesday, July 15, 2009

MM&M *DC Or Bust*


MM&M Part 2

Fast Forward from The Summer of 2001 to the Winter of 2003.

A lot had changed in those 2 years. Nick and I were still "long distance friends" relying on eachother as every friend should. I was now dating a guy named Phillip and he a girl named Kassie. I went out to KY to visit my father for Christmas. I managed to get a visit in to Virginia where Nick and my other friends were. I was so excited to see them all, but when I got there and saw his hand wrapped around Kassie's my heart dropped. It felt as though it had been ripped out and stomped on. I could not beleive what I was feeling. Luckily he wanted some time with just me. As soon as we were alone in his truck the butterflies crept in. I pushed them down as much as I could while we went Christmas shopping for his parents. It was if I we had never been apart. We stopped by afterwards to see his family, where his dad took a picture of us in front of the fireplace. I didn't talk to him about these feelings at all, because I did not want it to be "weird."

As soon as I left VA for the drive back to KY I knew I was leaving my heart behind.

After returning home to CA from Ky, I settled back in to my everyday routine with my boyfriend, our apartment, school, and my job. I was unhappy and my mom could see that. In the sping of that year my mom came over and wanted to know if I wanted to take an quick memorial day weekend trip to D.C. and to see if some of my friends wanted to meet us there! My heart staryed racing at the thought of being able to see Nick again. Since the last time we had seen eachother Nick and I talked on the phone often. Our relationship was blossoming over the miles and we had no idea how much absence really had made the heart grow fonder.

to be continued July 20th...

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just blog hopping and enjoyed reading your blog. I love reading about new blog friends....Can't wait to read more...


http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those realization moments when your world seems to turn upside down. :) Can't wait to read more!