Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great weekend!! We were fortunate enough to be able to head to VA for the weekend! We had a jam packed weekend, that's for sure!!

We got a late start on Friday because Nick had to work until 6, so of course we didn't make it into town until after 1 in the am! We were up early on Saturday to spend some time with family and then Nick, Corey, & Diesel were off to hike at the Peaks of Otter. They went to see the crashed B25. I am still waiting on pics...hint hint Corey! I stayed at mom & pop G's to spend some much needed time with them and Reagan. I cannot believe how quickly she is growing an how smart she is! It was a pretty nice day outside so we hung out on the porch most of the day staring into that sad empty pool ;o) When the guys got home they showered and ate lunch and we all headed down to Festival in the Park. We enjoyed the crafts and some music before heading to Bobbie and Corey's for a bit. It seems like whenever we are in town I never get to see Bobbie, so I wanted to make sure of it this time!

Saturday night we met with LeighAnne, Daniel, Corey, Josh, April, and Matt for dinner at Macado's and then I met up with Mack to go visit with Danyell while the guys hung out. It was great to see all of our friends and eat at one of our favorite places!!

Sunday came pretty quickly. We pretty much hung out all day with the family. We BBQ and had a bonfire before heading over to my sister's. Shortly after we got there my mom and Dan were there! I was so happy to see them! Yes, I will get to see them in just a few weeks when I fly out there for summer break, but the more I can see them the better!!

Monday, mom, Danyell, and I went to breakfast and then to the store to get stuff for dinner! We had all the goodies....steak, shrimp, macaroni salad, corn on the cob, & cucumber salad! YUMMO! We got a pretty late start after stopping by mom & pop G's to say goodbye and of course a quick pit stop at Bojangles to grab a snack for the road! We are still catching up on our sleep, but always worth it!

We are hoping Gayenelle and Chuck will come to Louisville for the July 4th weekend! We probably won't be back in Roanoke until Labor Day weekend. Of course we try whenever we have a chance, and 3 day weekends are best!

Loves

XOXO

No comments: