Sunday, May 17, 2009

Improntu Goodness

Nick had last week off. His truck at work was out of commission...luckily he is on salary. It seems as though God really was looking over us last week. Nick had applied on Thursday at Charter Communications for a tech support position. They called Friday morning for an interview and he was offered the position! They want him to start Monday! This is just what we needed, a total blessing!!! They are impressed he has his CHDP already and are hoping to promote him to the business side and send him to school for CISCO shortly after training is over.

Friday we decided to celebrate with some friends with an impromtu trip to Indianapolis! We had a great time at the Rathskellar, Chatterbox and the Slippery Noodle!! The Rathskellar is a great German Restaurant and Bier garden! It was super neat!! We had a hard time sticking with the raw food we have been eating..I did pretty well just getting some tasty grilled chicken. No it isn't raw but I was craving chicken bad!! After dinner we headed out into the bier garden for some music! I swear we could have been in Germany :O)


Afterwards we headed to find Chatterbox, this nice hold in the wall blues & jazz place. The band was great. We left in search of the Slippery Noodle. We hoofed it in the rain a few blocks and by the time we got there the band was just finishing up. We decided to call it a night & headed home. Luckily Brad drove and we got to sleep on the way home, calling it a night at 4 am :O) I think I am gettin to old for this! HAHA

Saturday morning we headed out to meet with Randy & Mal at their community yard sale. It ended up getting super hot throughout the day...boy was I happy to get to their house, take a nap and have dinner. Mal and I watched Secret Life of Bees, while the guys headed to a poker game! Nick came in 2nd, if you will and left with $80, not bad too bad he didn't win the $240 pot!!

Today we ran a few errands and come home to do some laundry and I studied. We are really looking forward to the long weekend! Hopefully Nick can get off of work a little early on Friday so we can head out of town sooner that afternoon! We can't wait to see everyone in VA including my mom & Dan who are flying in for a visit with Danyell and Jeff!!

Well I gotta go finish up the laundry! Hope everyone has a great week!

Loves
XOXO

No comments: