Thursday, May 14, 2009

VIP DERBY

Sorry I am just now getting around to posting this...I was waiting on pics from Mallorey. She is a total slacker and I don't think I will be getting them anytime soon.

Let me reach back a few weekends in my memory an get down and dirty with the details.

Derby week didn't go quite as planned. I had mid-terms that week. Boo! The only events I made it out to were the Pegasus Parade and some derby eve events downtown! Friday morning rolled around and I got a call from my friend Emily asking if I wanted to head to the derby eve concerts. I was already hoping to go with Nick but I knew he would be probably working later than I wanted to get down there. Everclear and Gavin Degraw were on the waterfront & Parachute and OAR were at 4th street. Mallorey & Randy were going to OAR with VIP passes, and all of our other friends were headed to the waterfront of Theory of a Deadman at Phoenix Hill. So I decided I would meet with Emily so she wouldn't have to go on her lonesome. GOOD CHOICE SHAY! Randy & Mal got 2 more free VIP tickets to the concert woo hoooo FREE BEER & FRONT ROW! What could be better? Oh I dunno maybe later that night seeing a ton of celebrities at Kim Kardashian's party that we got free tickets to get into!

Derby was a blast! It was not as nice as it was last year weather wise...but still fun. We broke even on all of our bets! Mallorey bet on the winning horse on the derby-I was rooting for General Quarters, him and his owner has such a fee-good story :O) Check them out online! I am excited to watch the Preakness this weekend and see how he does!

Well my next class is starting soon...gotta run! Check back for more blogs and pics!

XOXO

No comments: