Sunday, April 26, 2009

Is that a TeePee?


What a wonderful weekend! It went by way too fast!! Friday evening we originally had planned to head to the Balloon Glow, but high winds cancelled that. So we headed out to dinner with Randy & Mallorey to the Olive Garden! It was so tasty! I had not had a good glass of wine and some tasty calamari & pasta in a while! James was working and it was so good to see him! After that Nick and I headed to Georgetown, IN to meet up with Shawna, Brad, Kyler, & Kameron at the Drive-In Movies!! They were celebrating 58 years in business so we each got in for 58 cents!! What a deal! We parked the cars, set up chairs, blankets, and coolers and enjoyed "Donnie Dynamite and the Dominoes" :O) Once the old 50's ad's came on we turned on the hang on your window speakers and settled in for Mall Cop & Marley & Me. I had been well warned of the end to Marley & Me so we headed out before that part. Honestly I just don't think it is a necessary part-I mean come on, it was hard enough watching it without my Diesel here with me :O(

Saturday morning came pretty quickly. Nick was up early headed to work. My Dad and I headed to watch Bryson's baseball game. We picked up Brooke and Juston on the way! It was a blast watcing all those little ones play!
After his game we headed home so I could get some studying done. When Nick got home from work we headed over to Lisa & Rodger's. Nick helped Rodger with some stuff over at Gary's and I helped Alexis with some of her softball moves! We all met up at her game later that evening. Boy oh boy is that a competitive sport!! Lexie's team won! Woo Hoo!!! Afterwards we barbecued some brats and hot dogs and watched a movie. It was a great ending to a wonderful warm day!



This afternoon Nick and I headed out for some plorin'. This has always been one of our favorite things to do...especially since we moved to KY and there were so may unexplored areas! We headed out towards Taylorsville Lake. On the way we took a wrong turn and ran across this masionlike castle called OZ manor and this great subdivision call Equestrian Lakes. It is a gorgeous upscale community in the works. They have a beautiful model home, pool, arena, stables, lakes, and riding trails. If we hit the lotto we woul go buy us one of the $300,00 lots and build a mansion of a house!! Ahhh to dream!! As we drove to check out the arena/stables we look over and there is what seemed to be a teepee. Do what?? We got out to check it out, there it was a giant teepee and a mini log cabin! I am thinking it is the "playground". The community has their own firehouse & pavilion too! It was such a neat find, I cannot wait to see if any of the lots actually sell for that price!! When we got home I checked out the website & sure enough it is the playground haha its pretty neat but geez I am thinking for those high price lots the kids should at least get a slide!



We finally made it to the lake and checked out a few different areas of it! It was such a nice warm day I almost wanted to hop right in :O) We headed to one of the visitors centers and discovered a trail that lead to an old schoolhouse and a log cabin! How fun!! You can see all the pics on shutterfly! There were brochures about the 2 buildings and the property explaining all the history! I just love running across things that you never knew existed!! We headed home to make Breakfast together. I have been craving pancakes for over a week now...and since we don't have much time in the mornings to make a full blown out sit-down breakfast, we decided to have it for dinner. It was so nice to have the house to ourselves and cook and eat :O) We are so appreciate to my Dad & Ruthie for everything, but of course we are wanting our own space!

This week is pretty packed full of derby events I am hoping to get to, but I am thinking school will be gettin in the way, I have several tests this week. I hope everyone has a great week!!!

Loves

XOXO

Shay

No comments: