Some of our closest friends Randy & Mallorey were married on April 4th. What a great day it was!! The weather was absolutely gorgeous as was the wedding!!
The wedding festivities started out on Thursday with the Rehearsal dinner. Randy's parents were gracious enough to host at their home. Randy and Mallorey have a cute story about pizza. Yup they met at a pizza place called Old Chicago (Mal is from Chicago). So of course for the rehearsal they got Old Chicago pizzas, salad and breadsticks! It was just the right amount of being laid back with a formal twist! She gave the bm's cute 50's Hawaiian pinup girl bags with some goodies in it! Thanks love!! The groomsmen got liqueur and funny coasters, they had a blast reading them all. We had a total blast and I know they did as well.
The rehearsal was Friday afternoon. Things went well thanks to our friend Emily who is a DOC. She was so great with keeping everything organized and fun! Later that night a bunch of us headed to the reception site to get things set up. I had to be honest, the first time seeing the place, I was not impressed. But by the time everything was set up and decorations in place, it looked fabulous!!! It was just screaming for good times to be had!!
Saturday morning came too early. I was up and at em' getting ready bright and early. We all met up for a light lunch at her place to help her get dressed and have a light lunch. Things got a bit rushed since everyone's hair took longer than expected. The limo was to be there at 2:15 and they didn't even get to her house until 1:40 and her sis still had her hair to do as well as her mom had to take a shower. YIKES, can we say a mad rush to the finish line!!! Luckily we made it out the door and to the chapel in time. That is more than I can say for Nick, who walked in after we already walked down the aisle (he was rushing after work) Luckily he was able to get ready at Mal & Randy's after all the gal's left...otherwise he would have never made it home & back after work. Anyways....so we get to the chapel everything went as smooth as could be...except the hairspray as a static release didn't work for Katie or me (BOOOOO). Wait I take that bag I had all kinds of issues! My straps on my shoes kep sliding down, so I had to make a new hole with a bobby pin, and I had lost weight and by dress was sliding down, and no hairspray didn't help with that either...but tissues did hahahaha.
We all successfully made it down the aisle in tune with the bagpipes. I call no fairsies since I walked with Drew who is what 6'5 woooooweeee it was not the most graceful of walks. When they opened the doors for Mal's grand entrance she was already balling and so was half the church! She looked beautiful! Her brother Collin was the officiant & I must say we all had our reservations but he did absolutely amazing! He did choke back some tears a few times and shed a few at the end which made a ton of people just loose it. But I totally understand the whole "I now pronounce you husband and wife" phrase is super emotional! Regardless, the ceremony was amazing but I was definitely ready to get the party started! After pictures we all caravanned over to the reception side and immediately got beers in hand. Yeah, it was a long warm day...so nothing was going to cap it off better than a beer. Or ,aybe a few bottles of champagne, later in the night!! When the DJ did the wedding party intro's we all walked in & did something football related. It was so fun!! The reception went off without a hitch! It was a total blast. I must say things would not have been as much fun sans the champagne :O) hahaha Shawna, Tracie, Emily and I were scavenging for bottles on other tables, but hey what are friends for! I know we deserve a slap on the hand...Oh well! We sent the newlyweds off and headed to someones hotel room to continue the party. We had a blast with everyone and headed back to Shawna & Brad's for the night, of course with our DD for the night!!!
We are now house sitting for the happy couple, as they are having a blast on their honeymoon in Cancun. We were put in charge of eating all the leftovers. Yeah right!!! I cannot wait for them to come home so we can hear all about the honeymoon and their thoughts on the wedding!!
Congrats again! Love you!
XOXO


No comments:
Post a Comment