Thursday, March 5, 2009

Too long for comfort.

So I have received several e-mails, instant messages, texts and comments about our blogs, or lack there of. We have been super busy and have a ton to blog about. I am sorry that this will be a bit of a recap blog, sorry no much awaited spectacular comeback blog!

Things have been going really well lately. Nick had been working some in the evenings with Dad and that has allowed us to spend some much needed time together. It feels like we didn't even have a chance to celebrate being newlyweds. We are so thankful for this time and know it is a gift from God. We also know that this gift from God will be ending soon, when I head back to school at the end of the month. Things are getting busier by the day with it already. I have been trying to round up stuff daily, I have had to look for this form or that form for financial aid and let me tell you it hasn't been a pretty picture. Normally our room ends up looking like a tornado tore right through it. I have been playing phone tag for days with my counselor at school and it is making me want to pull my hair out. I am hoping to meet with her this week to get all my financial aid done!

We have had several plans to do some hiking but something always seems to come up. As mentioned in a previous post Nick and his brother are going to hike a section of the Appalachian Trail in May 2010. They have started a blog http://www.grantbros.blogspot.com/ if you would like to follow their journey :O) We went to a hiking meetup on Saturday and met some fellow hikers as well as found out some really good information about our packs! I am super excited that Nick has asked that I help plan their trip. Seeing him so excited gets me excited & I cannot wait for him to JASH (just a section hiker) it up on the AT!

We got pretty hands on with our Wedding Gift to Mallorey and Randy! We helped with their new hardwood floors, ripping down ugly wallpaper, their cabinets, painting, and redecorating! We have had a blast working on helping them with their remodel! You can take a look at some of the pics on shutterfly if you feel so inclined!

Well that seems like that's about all that is blog worthy at the moment...other than our trip to Chicago...which will be right up!


Love You All

Shay

No comments: