Last Thursday we headed to Chicago for Randy and Mallorey's Bachelor/ette parties! We got a late start (sorry guys) but had a great view of the skyline as we drove past the city to Mallorey's parents house in Mundelein. We got a nice welcome from Collin (Mal's dad) in the dark with a big roar. Luckily I had seen the TV on and knew his tricks :O) Friday the temperature dropped by like a zillion degrees! Ok not really but Thursday both here and there the temp was around 73...Friday the high had dropped to 27! Wooo Big difference! We ate dinner at this wonderful brewery, Mickey Finns in Libertyville! Nick and I still cannot stop talking about the Cod he had and the Chicken Teryaki Pita I had! The beers there were so good, well I guess it should be since it is a brewery! We both had the 847 Suburban Wheat Ale. MMMMMM. It was so filling though I couldn't eat but just a few bites, I was so bummed! Luckily it reheated well and I was able to snack on it later! Saturday the boys walked what they said were miles upon miles to get us the best hot wings from Franks! Yummmm! We were so thankful that they walked the 1/2 mile there and back :O) After we devoured those tasty wings we headed downtown to get settled in our hotel room, get ready, and the boys of course wanted time to pregame it a bit!
The bachelor/ette parties were way too much fun to express in a blog, but here is my shot at it:
* Disclaimer I am stealing bits and pieces of their blog for this part (haha) I guess you can say my fingers need to get back in shape after a few weeks without blogging. You can check our shutterfly for REAL pictures!
As previously mentioned above, all the boys started pre-gaming early on. Even though it seemed the only one who had really drank a drop was Randy! Hey that's what these parties are for right?!
The girls all met up at Marin's (Mal's sister) apartment just a block from the hotel. We started the night with champagne, baked brie, and other appetizers. Then moved right along to shaped jello shots and lollipops. Katie (MOH) decked Mallorey out in a sash, pin, "condiment" covered veil, and boa. From there we went to dinner at a great Mexican restaurant called Tarasca's, where Mallorey and Mandy (BM, Randy's sister) had margarita's bigger than their heads!! After dinner we continued our the bar crawl to Tryst, Uberstein (a German place) where some girls took Shotski's (Four people, four shots, ALL AT ONE TIME!), Moxie's for Martini's, & Moes!
The boys started out heading to Wrigley field to take a group snapshot and then on to Harry Carey's Tavern for dinner. Slugger's (where there is a batting cage in the bar), The IrishOak, Uberstein's (no shotski's for the boys) and some other places they can't remember!
To keep the story short, along the way on the boys bar crawl, here were some of the highlights:
- Randy was too drunk to walk to the very first stop on the bar crawl, they had to make a pit stop for him to grab a Philly cheese steak sandwich with cheese whiz on it
- they saw two guys fighting in the street and chasing one another
- Randy rubbed everyone's head at least once and tickled some others
-Randy struck out poorly in a batting cage & Nick hit a home Run!
-The boys heard Free Bird at a dueling piano bar
The last stop of the night for both parties was Uncle Fatty's! Of course the gals beat the boys there!! It was good to meet up and party with everyone! Several times during the night Mallorey went missing...apparently she had gotten lost in the restroom. The highlight of everyone's night was when Mallorey and Randy attempted to dance. Turns out the only dancing they did was drunken break dancing as they fell to the floor.
After that major party foul it was time to go and we ended up back at the hotel to cap the night with drinks and partying. Here were some highlights:- Drew drank warm Rolling Rock beer and read verses from the hotel room Bible- I got into a religious debate with Drew- Dajuan stayed on the bathroom floor trying to puke and at the same time taking advantage of those who tried to help him by having therapy sessions- Randy fell backwards in the bath tub while trying to talk to Dajuan- Mal ordered pizza for everyone and Randy sat on it -Where was Nick during all this? - Dajuan tried to pass out, got pissed at Drew and apparently made everyone leave.
It was an absolutely wonderful night! I am so thankful to Katie and Marin for putting this all together! What a great way to celebrate to wonderful people getting married and get to party in Chicago!
Sunday Nick and I were up and ready to head to Jamba Juice and and some shopping while we let Mallorey & Randy recover a bit. Unfortunately I forgot my boots and wasn't a happy camper when there was several inches of snow on the ground. BUT there was nothing that was gonna stop me from my Jamba! So I slipped on socks and a pair of ballet flats and hoofed it to the end of the block (real far I know) then got some tasty freshly popped Chipolte Chedder popcorn and some of the famous cheese wiz covered cheese steaks before we headed out of the city to get rested up before heading home on Monday. Nick and I were initially wanting to start a small road trip through WI, MN, and IA for a few days after the parties. We didn't make it this trip but are hoping to plan a trip for this summer! We cannot wait for another trip and many thanks goes out to everyone who made this weekend such a great time!
XoXo


No comments:
Post a Comment