Sunday, December 28, 2008

On the road again....

So I am off to Evansville, IN for work once again tomorrow, I will be there all week except for coming home 1 short night to spend New Years with my baby. Its been a long week with the Holidays and Shay's surgery but I am thankful for every day that we were blessed with. Shay is getting better all the time and that is the most important thing to me. I don't know what I would do without her sometimes, I know I hold up strong on the inside but she is deff. my emotional rock and I feel as if she has taken this situation way better than I could have, and we are both blessed that God has given us this strength to go through this as a team. I love her and am sorry that I have to work out of town and be away from her these past weeks.
On the thought of work I have applied for new jobs, nothing wrong with the old one I just want some job security, its hard being a in a family business as well as the type of business we are in doesn't always guarantee work. I am also looking for a new job for the benefits, at this time I need the security of, Insurance, PTO and even a retirement fund, I mean I don't want to be painting when I am 80. I would love to continue painting but at this time with P&P Painting; they haven't grown enough for these benefits and I need these things, so if I do get a new job it doesn't mean I wont come back to work for them, or even do side work or PT work for them, but this is the path that God is leading me towards at this time.
As some of you know we are going to be moving out of our apartment at the middle of January; During Shays recovery I want to offer her only the best, and by moving in with her father I will be able to focus less on Rent as well as other bills and the money can go to better uses to help us continue on through this time in our lives; Some people feel bad about us having to make this decision but I ask you not to; and to feel wonderful because this is opening so many new doors for us thanks to God, he is leading us down a path that will open many new doors as we close a few behind us.
I also would like to send a thank you to Shay's mother; I know we have had hard times in the past and they way we were built, we were meant to butt heads; but she has been here in KY to help us through these times and been doing an awesome job of taking stress off my back. This is not to say everyone has not been amazing! I am just trying to let her mom know that I appreciate everything she has done for us, since I don't thank her enough.
I will have the computer in Evansville with me this week so I am sure Shay wont be able to blog unless she uses her blackberry; but I will be using it to check for Job postings and replies to my resumes; So I am sorry for taking the computer away from the writer for a week, but I will be back soon and you will get to hear more from her stories and battles with Cancer.
As for an update on Shay she is doing well; Yesterday she had a big day out walking around and shopping at Bardstown. As for today she was wore out from a big day and, she is starting to have more pain in her tongue as the swelling goes down and the stitches try to set. I'll let her explain more of her situation.
Until next time I love you guys and may God Bless, and for all of us that had a hard year; there is only a few more days until the new one and may it be better for all of us!
Merry Christmas,
Nick

1 comment:

Bobbie Grant said...

We can't understand the personal battle as a couple with Cancer. The closest I came was my Dad and hopefully Corey and I will never have to deal with that in our marriage with either him or myself. But, we can understand the financial aspect of the situation coming from not working when Reagan was in the hospital for 6 weeks and needing to be home with her beyond that. I have a tendancy to sit on the pity pot and wallow in my misery. You and Shay have never done any of that and it's so admirable. Yes, you've shed tears and said "why me", which is normal and healthy. As I see you both come through this with grace and giving thanks to God, you are inspiring me to do the same in my petty trials. I hope I can continue to learn from you all and Enjoy each day and give Thanks to God instead of question His motives.
I am thankful to have you and Shay as a brother and sister.

Love,
Bobbie