Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hatred is the weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves. -5 People You Meet In Heaven
When we blame one another, we are giving our own power away because we're placing the responsibility for our feelings on someone else. People in our life may behave in ways that trigger uncomfortable responses...I am realizing that they didn't get into our minds and create the buttons that have been pushed. I am taking responsibility for my own feelings and reactions. In other words, I am learning to consciously make a choice...rather than simply react. I am releasing myself from the negative energy that I am holding onto. I am at the point where I understand that forgiveness doesn't mean allowing the painful behaviors or actions of anothers to continue in my life...I am letting go. I can choose to stay stuck in this spot and resentful, or I can do myself a favor by willingly forgiving what happened in the past; letting it go; and then moving on to create a joyous, fulfilling life.
This is not about any person in particular. This is just something I have been working on whithin myself. I have learned that sometimes "sorry" is not enough. Sometimes you actually have to change...
Shay


No comments:
Post a Comment