This one is a bit delayed as well. I was waiting to post pictures...We are getting Internet hooked up tonight at home so check back for pics....plus on a side note I will upload them to our picture site on Shutterfly http://www.thegrantfam.shutterfly.com/ ... I decided to change from Picasa to Shutterfly...it is a lot easier as well as the pics on Picasa are mostly from last year..New year, new place, new picture site :O)
Back to the point of the blog....
As I have mentioned before we went to Roanoke 2 weekends ago for my shower and Nick's camping trip with the guys! We had such a great time! My mom, Nick, & I left out early early Friday morning. We stopped off at my Uncle Paul and Aunt Sally's for a tasty breakfast & an amazing gift & then we were back on the road. Back to that amazing gift my Great Aunt handed down a quilt that was made by her mother when she was 18 years old, unfortunately she has recently passed away (at 97 years old) can you believe it!! A quilt that is almost 80 years old. I am going to cherish it for the rest of my life...and of course continue the tradition of passing it down. I told Aunt Sally that is was so coincidental that she gave me the quilt because my mom & I were in Kirklands a few days before that and I saw a beautiful quilt rack that I told my mom I wanted...I just needed a quilt for it :O) God works in funny ways.
And again back to the point....
After we left their home we pretty much drove straight to Roanoke. Danyell wasn't off of work yet & we were just too excited to wait to see mom & pop G, so we headed to their house. After we visited with them for a while we went to Danyell and Jeff's. Jeff made the most delicious meal I have had!! Pork loin, pork BBQ, macaroni salad, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes..oh I am sure I am forgetting some stuff! Oh my..my mouth is watering! Mack, Josh, and Mike came over after dinner to hang out for a bit. Then the boys headed off and I was able to spend some time with my Mack! We were up super late gabbing (not like we don't do that everyday...but it is so much better in person) Gosh I miss her! I cannot wait for her to come visit/move!!!
Saturday morning my mom, Danyell, and I headed to Radford where we met up w/ Mack for a delightful morning of tubing down the New River. Danny has all the pics-I hope she sends them to me soon! They were cute! It was so nice to relax with them all on the river. After our tubing we headed home to get ready for my shower. I posted a blog about that on the Aisle File. So I won't go into it much..other than it was amazing & I am so thankful to have such wonderful hostesses!!! While we were at the shower all the men were up at Patterson's Creek camping! If Nick ever gets his butt in gear he said he wanted to blog about that...so I am leaving that up to my honey. Saturday night I headed out with Mack to meet up with the Allstate crew. It was so good to see everyone. I must say that I am not a big fan of the Don Ho's though. It was great when we lived in Roanoke and there were slim pickin's...I suppose the Louisville nightlife has spoiled me :O) We left with Mike after about an hour and headed downtown to meet up with Aundi, Jerome, Stu, Amie, Jackie, and Jodi. I had such a fun night! We ended up at awfuls, corned beef, and finished the night with Mack and Mike at the Tavern with some tasty pizza & good convo. Afterwards we headed to Mike;s to crash..not before brushing up on some super duper secret hand movements...sign language ;O)
Sunday morning Mack and I slept in & then headed to her place to grab her swim-suite. On the way we grabbed some Bojangles-YUMMMM!! Then we swung back by Mikes picked him up . Since Danny & mom headed to the hills for some 4 wheeling we went over to Sherri's for some much needed relaxing, beer, and some pool time! Afterwards I headed to mom & pop G's for our birthday dinner! Aww I love that tradition!! I got my new camera!! YAY! I have been wanting it for a few months now & I am absolutely in love with it...I totally baby it. After dinner we headed out w/ Tracy & Rob to Macados'. Mack met up with us too! She dedicates her entire weekend to me when I come in! I love it! :O)
Monday morning we headed out...back home we went. Even though we had such a wonderful time & it was amazing to see everyone....I missed home. I missed Diesel, the friends we have made, and of course our house. We were totally exhausted when we got home & to make matters worse I had to get up at 5am to take mom to the airport! YIKES!
All in all mom's visit went well. Of course we got into it at times..but it means the world to me that she was able to come out to help me with the wedding plans as well as come to the shower. I am looking forward to her next visit. Hopefully she will be able to come visit more often!
Well it is getting late so I am headed off to bed. Night Night.
XoXo
Shay


No comments:
Post a Comment