The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
My grandfather's health has been going downhill this year. He has had diabetes and heart problems for as long as I can remember. But since early this year he has been having a lot of mini strokes. He has been in and out of the hospital a lot. He can't do much these days..like drive or even play golf. They have been going to specialists for a while and there is a new doctor that is recommending a surgery that may help with the strokes. Essentially he has a clogged artery that leads to his brain and the surgery would be able to correct this. However, the doctor says that the surgery can fix everything but there is only a 50/50 chance it will work. If his artery collapses during the surgery then he won't make it through the surgery. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! His other option is not to have the surgery and essentially he will have a few months. The doctor says it is inevitable that in the next few months he will have a massive stoke, that will kill him. How are you supposed to make a decision like that? Arrrrrr. I mean do you take the chance or do you live it up for as long as you can?!? I have no idea what I would do in a situation like that. My Grandpa most definently wants to have the surgery. We will know more in the next week or so but it looks like the surgery will be sometime in the 2nd week of September. I am praying to God that everything goes smoothly. Please keep him in your prayers.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Why didn't you tell me? I'm a little hurt. I know that's selfish... I'm just glad I came across this. I want to be there for you as much as you are for me... I will pray for him without ceasing...
love you
So sorry Shaylynn. I know it's tough. I will pray for his health and your peace. xoxoxo-heather
Post a Comment