We had such an amazing time this weekend w/ Mom & Pop G!!! It was Gayenelle's first time in KY, well and IN too!!! When they got into town on Friday we headed across the river to IN so we could eat and have a view! We went to King Fish, oh so yummy! Afterwards we toured around town so they could see our new city! :o)
Saturday we went out to breakfast with them as well as dad & Ruthie at Frishes(insert crazy picture here) Afterwards we headed out to Otter Creek so we could show them where we are getting married! Then we were off to Churchill Downs to watch some races!!! Ruthie won 2 races right off the bat!! Sorry to say Mom & Pop G didn't win anything...but we hit the money! We be on horses to come in 4, 5, 6 & we boxed it in so that means that they could come in any order. Well Nick decided that he didn't want to bet the full $12 so he did a $1 box & spent $6 and we won $135.20!!!! We would have won $270 hod Mr. Stingy not placed the bet-tehehehe I was so thrilled! After that we headed to the Boat. I forgot my ID so I didn't get to go play the slots but that's ok cause we would have just lost more money. The only one that won anything was Ruthie-AGAIN! She needed to go get a lotto ticket...she was rolling in the money Saturday! We went to Porchini's for dinner & it was so tasty! We winded down the night with some mint juleps. wine, and a soak in the hot tub.
Sunday we spent the day at my Dad's on the back porch grilling out with most of my family. There was some tense blah moments but all in all it was a good day! Afterwards we went to the Apartment to show Mom & Pop G! I can't wait to get all of our stuff in it & decorated!
I can't wait for the next time they come to vist!!! I wish Bobbie & Corey were able to come up :O( But I totally understand about icky bosses. I hope they will be able to come up before Churchill closes!
I am excited to head to Roanoke this weekend! I miss everyone so much! We are going to leave out of here Friday eve & start the big move on Saturday. Most stuff is packed, I think. I could be lying to myself. We are hoping to get most everything packed on Saturday so we can spend the day at Mom & pop G's on Sunday! Not all the details have been worked out but I want to stay for Memorial Day on Monday & go to Festival in the Park...wanna go with me?
Have a great week! XOXO


No comments:
Post a Comment