I have been so busy I haven't even had a chance to write about the best thing ever..Thunder!! I only have been one other time when I was a child but it is something you will never forget. I am such a huge fan of it & I can't wait for next year haha!
Mack & Heather came up last Friday to join us for a day of fun down on the river for the kick off of Derby! Friday night we went to Dittos for dinner & then decided to come back mix up some tasty drinks & play Cranium! What a great night! I think everyone knows my feelings on Cranium-and can I just say that the new version is CRAZY FUN!
When we woke up Sat morning we were all in a bit of shock how much the temp had plunged!!! I knew it was going to get cooler but geez! We headed off to run some errands and grab some lunch at my fave bbq place & off to Thunder we went! We drove around a bit looking for the best price on a parking spot. It was too cold to be walking 3 miles just to stand there and become human icicles! Lucky for us I decided to get as close to the river as possible and got us into a parking garage that would have been a great view in case it started to rain! At first I didn't think I could park there because I didn't have a pass but the guy waved me in & told me $20 whhhhaaattt the places like a mile away were charging $30 & $40! Yes we lucked out!! While I was parking me friend Shawna called and asked how many there were of us & then said she would call me right back...do what?! She called back a few minutes later and told us that we can get into her hubby's company party!!!!! They had a tent, heaters, clean bathrooms, all the food, soda, & beer we wanted!!! It was so awesome!!!! We would have froze out butt's off!!!! We hung out there all day and then headed to the riverfront shortly before the fireworks started and grabbed some drinks and funnel cakes! The fireworks were amazing-as expected!!!! As soon as they were done there was a mad rush to get out of the Chow Wagon....traffic is the worst part of it all. Good thing we are smarter than the average bear and had a plan! We headed about 2 blocks up the road to O'Mally's corner a bar that has 5 different bars in it. We went to Vinny's and danced the night away. It was so much fun the dj's came out & put on mini shows. One came out dressed like a girl and another one came out & stripped down to his purple thong & danced with 2 ladies to Stroke It. WOW. It was a total blast!!! We missed all the traffic and came home and crashed!
Sunday we made a Rally's run & then headed up to Otter Creek & Elizabethtown. Both the girls wanted to see both places so that worked out nice. It was such a great weekend and I just can't wait for the next time!!!!
Gotta run my tummy is grumbling....
XoXo


1 comment:
Okay, I am super jealous of the following:
funnel cakes
Cranium
fireworks
Post a Comment