Not that this wasn't already know...
So. October 17 the day before we left for CA I had to work 9-5:30-I had "Alliance Bootcamp"! We all know I am not a morning person. I was so tired---I went through 3 vaults and 2 tall mochas!! My shift is normally 12-8:30 so you can only imagine & to make matters worse was up late packing. Finally when training was done I was all about some sleep till' I realized I still had some packing to do!!! I tried to sleep when I got home & then I would finish up at like 1 am since we had to leave for NC by 2:30 since our flight . No sleep was to be had...I suppose I was just way too excited! My sis & Nick both got some sleep and yet I still volunteered to drive our buts to Raleigh!! We got everything loaded fairly quickly & we were on our way...well not until we made a U-Turn to get Danny's phone & a pit stop at Kroger for more caffeine. The directions on Mapquest had changed from the last print out & a shortcut was added & we made it in 2 hrs 30 min with pit stops! Go me!! After parking & getting all the luggage as well as us on the shuttle we finally got checked in & headed up to security. Please note ALL liquids in carryon must be in a standard zip-lock baggie. Ok I get the reasoning but PUHLEASE! We could take enougyh magazines & lighters to catch the plane on fire but you cannot take your red bull-no ma'am! Anywho Danny ended up running around the airport handing our sodas & redbulls to the workers I am sure they were thankfull for the jolt! After a nice place ride we had a layover in Salt Lake & then we were in Sacramento at 12:30! My mom, Dan, Eden (Danny's BFF) & my aunt Linda met us at the airport! 1st stop Dos Coyote's! YUM YUM YUM! I love that place!!! Nick and I met up with Kimmie & her daughter Emily, Karrie, Megan, & Brian at Mongolian. It was so great to catch up with them all & for Nick to meet them! On Friday Nick & I borrowed my aunts Nissian Murano (fun)!! 1st stop JAMBA JUICE YAAAAAYYY!!! Then we headed up to Foresthill, the town I pretty much grew up in(I was there most of my elementary grade & middle school off & on) Foresthill is just this little town on the side of a mountain w/ no stop lights-pretty much a gold rush town. It was so awesome to shown Nick around. Not too much has changed except that the H.S. was finally built, Robber's Roost resturant is gone & all the manzanita bushes have been chopped-we used to have forts & trails in there :O( We took lots of fun pics!!! After that we headed to Apple Hill. It is an area where there is lots of orchards & vinyards. We got a carmel apple, an apple pie, some apple beer & some mulled wine. Then we went to a brewery & Nick tried some beer! On the way back to my mom's we stopped at In N Out-Everyone has to try one at lease once!! It was so wonderful to just spend the day with Nick doing things that we can't do here...plus it makes it so hard when he works so much. Friday night we helped my mom get things ready for the wedding & had the rehersal. Saturday was just such a whirlwind- there was sos much to do with setting up tables & chairs & stressing to get everything done! All in all the wedding turned out beautiful! I had so much fun with Nick & the family-maybe too much fun-when there is a plethora of wine around I tend to sip a bit too much! So I ended up calling it an early night! Needless to say I slept right through Nick coming in to say goodbye...I know I am an awful fiance-sorry baby!! I wont up the next morning feeling fine-THANK THE LORD! However I got a text from Nick that he had forgot my keys!!! Oh no! He was stuck in Raleigh! I freaked out! Nobody was able to help out so he had to rent a car-poor thing! I pretty much spent the day resting-much needed! Monday Kim, Emily, Karrie & I headed off to Watsonville to visit Rachel & her new baby Hunter! It was so strange...Watsonville is right near Corralitos which is a town I went to often as a child w/ my parents since we had really good family friends there. I remembered the Corralitos Sausages Co.-Love that place!!! So we hit that up & got some sausage to bring home-YUMO! We had a great visit w/ Rachel!! It was great to see her! We stopped off in Santa Cruz in search for food. Awwww the memories of Santa Cruz-gotta love it. The rest of the week I get the days blurred so here it goes...Pretty much relxed...I watech my cousin Lauren for an afternoon. We went to the park she is so fun! Went on a motorcycle ride. Went on walks. Looked at million dollar model homes. I met up with Shayne, a friend from Foresthill. We got to catch up on everything & hang out! It was such a blast!!! Went to my aunt's helped her peel potatoes (ha), pick up her daughter from school and then ran to the store & let Amanda drive since she has her permit! Thursday Megan came over & we did the Drano test-per that she is having a boy!!! For dinner Megan, Brian, & I went to Visconti's-only the best place for Italian food ever!!! Sooo yummy! It was great to see everyone-I miss them all so much-they were like family!! Friday night after some confusion my aunt Linda & I met up w/ my cousins Cheyanne & Shannon in downtown Sacramento! We had such a blast!! Saturday morning I met w/ Meggie for breakfast at The Gold Miner. Yum! I miss Meggie so much. I cannot believe that she is going to be a wifey & a mommy & I am going to miss it all. Boo! I know that we will always be friends & see eachother more!!! After that then we were off to the 50th anniversary for my grandparents. It was so much fun-but by the end of the day I can say I was so ready to just get on the plane & come home!! I missed Nick so much while I was gone. By the time we gon home Sunday afternoon I was dead to the world. I slept until we went pumkin carving at his parents. I missed them & I was glad to see everyone. It seems like it has just been so busy & we haven't had a chance to see the family.
So there you have it. My trip, in a nutshell.


No comments:
Post a Comment