Nick came in for Thanksgiving :O) It wasn't quite as we had hoped for.....
He got home late Tuesday night! Unfortunately I had to work Wednesday, but that gave him time to get some landscaping done & visit with his parents some. Thanksgiving morning we relaxed a bit & then headed to Nick's parent's house to enjoy the Holiday with the family. Corey, Bobbie, & Reagan didn't make it because Rea was sick, it was great to see everyone else and spend time with them. The Holidays just aren't the holiday's without family & I am so thankful to have Nick's family here! The food was soooo yummy! They seasoned the turkey perfectly & the stuffing was some of the best I have ever had!! MMMMM it's making my mouth water! We planned on going to visit over the weekend for leftovers however more than 1/2 the family got the tummy bug that Rea sent with love. So Friday & Saturday Nick & I didn't get too much crossed off the huge list of things we had to do while he was in town, which royally sucked. Sunday we were able to get some pressure washing done & I was able to get Diesel a much needed bath. Then I wanted to take one & managed to bust my caboose-HARD! I slipped & fell out on the shower & landed on my back & hit my head. Thankfully Nick was there to help me get up. I totally blew out my back & I am still in so much pain. Nick left Sunday afternoon & I still needed to get some grocery's so I managed to hobble my way through the Wal-Mart. It was a sad sight to see. I grabbed some much craved mac-n-cheese! YUMMO! After what seemed like 3 hours of trying to put away the grocery's It was finally time to cook my make everything better macaroni :o) I turned the water on to fill my pot and my mouth dropped-what? how? who? why me?!?! There was clay coming out of my faucet-no lie! So I called Nick & he proceeded to walk an already hysterical me through changing the filter. Ok stop right there. That meant I had to go into the dark creepy basement-ALONE! Not my favorite thing to do & especially not when I can hardly walk let alone down/up stairs! I managed to get through 3/4 of this little project until I wasn't strong enough to twist the container off the something or other with a big plastic wrench like object...Of course, why wouldn't I? So there I was...no water, broken butt, in the scary basement alone, in tears. I hated life at that moment. I was ready to pack everything up, quit work, & move just so I wouldn't have to deal with it. GEEZ I am such a drama queen. Needless to say Josh Pope came to my rescue-he postponed his date for me-What a sweetie! He had a little bit of a problem twisting the thing off too but he got the job done! I am so thankful!! He said anytime I needed help he would be there- Good to know I won't have to pack everything up leave with a quickness next time something goes wrong! Friends always come in need!!! :O) Monday has rolled around & I am still in a lot of pain & sitting all day at work is making it worse by the minute! I smoked a cigarette-bad girl I know. I haven't had one since the 15th! But after that weekend could you blame me?! Don't judge.
I miss Nick and my family-thank the Lord that the year is almost over & my PTO bank is soon to be full! Can I get an AMEN! Since we weren't able to get the Christmas Tree's up this weekend my bestest girls have offered to come help me decorate so I won't have to be lonely. On the 7th Heather, James, & I are going to Louisville! I am so excited!! Then Nick will be back in on the 14th for sweet Reagan's b-day! I can't believe she is going to be a year already. I have so much love for her. I wish I was able to see her more often. I have been able to spend time w/ my other nieces and nephews from far away & we are very close. I can only pray that she will know Nick & I once we move. We are going to make ever effort we can. I cannot believe Christmas is almost here. I am not really looking forward to it much this year. It is going to be very weird this year, not to mention it will be the last one in our house. I must say Christmas movie mania has officially began!! I cannot wait to watch them all!
OK I just realized I have been rambling on & on...Hope everyone has a great week!
<3>
Just one more thing... or two: Please keep us in your prayers. As well as Travis, Sarah, & Kaelynn. Travis has his last Police Academy interview in Indy. (fingers crossed)


No comments:
Post a Comment