As freaked out as I was waking up this morning with some serious bed head, I held my urge to grab my curling iron, for a quick touch up, back. It was hard, I am not going to lie.
I decided to have second day old hair for the first day...so I still have some decent curl from yesterday. When I wash my hair this evening I will go ahead and to a detox (stay tuned) and measurements. I will need assistance braiding my hair from the hubs, so it looks like it will be wet when doing so. I will attempt to do some dry measurements as well at several intervals throughout the challenge.
Here is my not so well thought out plan for the next year.
Numero UNO: Out of Sight Out of Mind - MUST do this ASAP. I need to get my heating tools out of my bathroom. But then what? I have the empty hanging baskets on my wall? Nice. My plan is to give them to my MIL for the challenge...even if they might get devoured in all her nooks and crannies.
Number 2: Chunks Of Time: In hindsight I should have looked at this challenge on a day to day basis. I mean isn't that what like is all about, taking it one day at a time. I WILL get through the 365 days...day by day.
Saved the best for last: Manipulation. I will be using so many different techniques and tricks for making my hair appear "done" or at least tamed and manageable . Twist outs. Braids. Pig Tails. Bantu Knots. Curl Formers. You name it. I will try it. It will be like Christmas every time I look in the mirror every morning!
Here I am. Day 1. 1 down, 364 to go.



No comments:
Post a Comment