Not because I don't care but because I frankly don't feel like typing out my thoughts on how choosing between the two popular parties it like choosing the lesser of two evils ..and that so called educated voters don't even realize there are any other candidates to choose from between Romney & Obama.
My friend Heather wrote a
great blog that I am going to STRONGLY SUGGEST you take a gander at...That is if you aren't already sick of all the politics...in that case take a look at it in a few weeks ;O)
I was full of
preggo hormonesemotions this morning when I took Brigglsey with me to vote. I felt so proud to be voting and taking my child and future children into consideration and their futures. I told her all about the president and how we vote for one every 4 years...not that she understood, I think she enjoyed her box of raisins a bit more. I can remember going and sitting on the floor next to where my parents were voting and thinking as a little girl some day I will have my kids by my side :O) Luckily the wait wasn't long and I decided I would go visit my sister who said she had not voted yet so we tagged along to keep her company for her hour long wait!! Goodness.She just kept saying if you weren't here I would have already left after hearing how long the wait is. It is insane to me that the lines are so long in such a large precinct & they only had 4 voting machines!! In my precinct we had 9 and it is a bit smaller! Luckily they had cookies and B had one so that kept her happy in line!
I am not going to say go vote...just to vote. I say do your research & don't vote based on anything other than what your heart tells you, after you read up on EVERY candidate that is.
Happy Voting!!
3 comments:
I know! It is crazy...some will let you write them in.
I think many people are "educated" enough to know there are other candidates, but are smart enough to realize if they want their votes to count they should vote for the two popular candidates. Many people feel that it is like wasting your vote. I am libertarian, but would not vote that way because they would never win, so I go with the major candidate that is closest to my views. I think most people feel that way. To call them uneducated is a little harsh.
I think the people who didn't even know who the candidates were, don't know...they have not educated themselves about the election. Nothing harsh about it.
You signed anonymous so I cannot really comment on whether or not I think voting for a third party candidate would have been a tossed vote....in your circumstance.
In swing states it may feel like throwing your vote away.. unless you truly feel passionate about that person and are basing your vote on that alone & not taking the "race" into factor. Which is how you should vote regardless.
In states that almost always go blue or red it is not a wasted vote AT ALL! Those are the states that could actually get the third party federal funding. For example...CA voters-no chance in hell it will ever go red...so all those red voters could vote for a candidate that they felt more passionate about including a third party candidate & then that would help those other parties get recognized and get federal funding.
Just sayin ;O)
Post a Comment