I have rally taken a step back and looked at things lately. Time flies. Whether you are having fun or not.
I am approaching my 2 year cancer free mark and 3 years since diagnosis. It honestly feels like yesterday I was dealing with one of the hardest periods in my life.
My daughter is almost 1. That means just as we were getting used to things she is going to learn to walk and our world will be new again.
Nick and I will be married for 3 years. We have been together for almost 8 years. And friends for 12.
I have lost and gained family members. It has been such a joy to welcome the new additions over the years and truly heart wrenching when I lost both my grandparents in a 2 week span and when we lost Pop over Christmas. Christmas never has been the same for me. As we are approaching Halloween when I lost my G-Ma I suspect it will be the same feeling.
I have made friends and lost friends over the years. The true friends are still there by my side and I am by theirs. We may not talk or see each other often but we always pick right back up.
I left my "serenity" Roanoke, VA. I thought my heart belonged there. When I was away from it. I know now my heart just belonged to the people there. I love living in Louisville. I hate being away from family in VA and CA, but this is where God want's us to be. I feel it.
We have been through hard times and joyous times. I can honestly say that if I had married someone else from my past I don't think we would have made. Nick is my rock. He loves me as I unconditionally as I love him.
I feel God at work everyday. Sometimes I wish he would just slow time down a bit. Or maybe the key is that I need to step back and take a look more often ;o)


No comments:
Post a Comment