Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Are we there yet?

It seems that all this family can think about is the beach. We are so thrilled to go at the end of the month!! I am even more excited I get to fly out a day earlier than Nick (nanna nanna boo boo) and spend some time with Megan & Lee! Nick will be out the next morning but it is the fact I am leaving at the end of the month & he is leaving in September, it just sounds better ;o) We will be spending some much needed time with some friends for a few days then off to the Outer Banks to spend a week with his family! We used to go to the beach every year with them, and it was a great tradition!! We really loved it. Well over the years it seemed like for whatever reasons people were't able to come or could only come for a few days. So we just stopped going. Well now that we live like 14 hours from the beach I thought it would be impossible. THANKFULLY Southwest is amazing and ran a special for the same price it would be to drive. YAY.

Another place I wish I was at was my goal weight. Nick and I started a pretty strict diet July 16th. I am down 23.5 lbs. I am so happy!! I had only wished that I had not gained all that weight back after having B. I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight minus quite a few lbs, then miss B slowed up on the nursing train while momma stayed on the eating train. So I packed my weight back on. So YES I have lost weight!! I feel much better but NO I am not at my goal weight nor do I even feel like I have lost weight because I am back to where I was before having B. Of course I am happier to be lighter I just wish it was almost 25 lbs off of the weight I was after I had B, Then I would be that much closer to my goal weight!! On the bright side my BMI is in the "overweight" range, yay no more "obese" momma!! I am hoping to loose at least another 5 before the beach, maybe just maybe I will need a new suit by then ;o) I still have about 45 lbs I need to loose to be at my ULTIMATE goal weight and about 25 for me to be a lot happier with myself, and I KNOW I CAN DO IT. I think I need to do a before and after pic that may make me feel a bit better about still being so far away from goal weight or at least fit in the pants I was wearing after I had B!!

ARE WE THERE YET?




1 comment:

MJ said...

I feel you on the weight coaster... I was doing great losing weight and then the same thing happen Maggie slowed on the nursing and I kept eating lol. I am working now on losing the weight but it is hard with no time to go to the gym.