Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Visitors oh my!

We have been so blessed to have family and friends be able to come and visit in the few weeks Briggsley has been here. I cannot believe she will be 3 weeks on Thursday!! Time really is flying by & every day it seems things get a tad easier!!


Nick's parents were able to come visit for 5 days!! We had a wonderful time mostly relaxing with them! They were a huge help and wonderful company to be around to get through those tough days. It seems like she was going through a bit of a growth spurt while they were here...or maybe I just was so unaware how often little miss would be eating I was freaking myself out! I am so thankful they were able to come up & spend some time with her during her early days!! It was sad to see them go but the very next day one of my closest friends came to meet B!! Auntie Amie just loves her!! We pretty much relaxed the whole visit which of course was fabulous!
Memaw & Poppi meet Briggsley

Briggsley & Amie


My mom will be in town Thursday evening from CA. My grandma was also going to come but my Papa is in the hospital so I don't think she will get to make it. I am really bummed but still hopeful that she may be able to still make it, just a few days late. I am really excited to see my mom & for her to meet her 1st grandchild!! ;O)

Let's play some catch up:

  • As of her 2 week check-up baby girl is back to her birth weight!!
  • Her eye is much better! Still gets some crusties but I think that is more of a duct issue...not the infection.
  • I could be wrong but I feel like I am getting used to her and her cries :o)
  • Breastfeeding is still going well. Nipples are much much better. Still on the nipple shield. I try to slip it off at most feedings but it just hasn't been much luck yet.
  • We are working on the cloth diapering. The Gdiapers just don't seem to fit her very well. Not sure if it is because she is still so little and fights diaper changes, getting the liner in crease of her leg has been a bit challenging...but not nearly as challenging as pulling out the debit card every time we go to buy disposables!! UGH
  • Little miss has been doing really well with feedings & sleeping at night. Every 2 to 3 hrs during day with some cluster feeding before bed. At night sleeping 2.5-4.5 hrs!
  • B was introduced to the bottle so that mommy & daddy could go out for our anniversary coming up. She puked most of that liquid gold up :o( We tried again with a LOT more breaks and burping. She did much better!!
  • She kind of has her own little daily routine going. Eat, sleep for a few minutes, diaper change, alert time, then sleep. Repeat :o)
  • She is super strong & has good control of her head already!! Especially when on her tummy!!
Our baby girl is growing right before our eyes!! Every day she is changing and it makes mommy sad and excited at the same time!!! 

I am signing off with lots of pics!



We love her sleeping positions!!!

Mommy & babygoo




B & her 1st bottle of expressed milk
Daddy feeding B her 1st bottle!!


Daddy bummed about heading back to work!








Photobucket

3 comments:

MJ said...

love the pics! Let me know how the cloth diapers go... We still haven't gotten to use ours yet, they aren't exactly hospital friendly!! The upside is the disposable diapers are free with the purchase of a NICU stay!

Chelsey said...

You all are adorable :) I want to meet miss briggsley... we will have to set that up ASAP! I also have some unused 4oz drop ins that you all can have...Kman is almost done with bottles and is completely done with 4 oz ones! Im going to FB you and see when I can come by :) Hope everyone is well!!

Gayenelle and Chuck said...

Adorable. Miss my little Miss Briggsley! Looking forward to seeing you guys in November.