Monday, August 23, 2010

Time to get packin'


I think it hit me today that ast this point if I go into labor baby girl is coming...no drugs, no stitches, no nothing to keep her baking. I suppose that means I might want to start thinking about packing a few items right? I have a running list of things I have thought of to bring...but getting some of these things hasn't been on my mind. I suppose it's about that time right?

My running hospital bag list
* Insurance information & pre-admission paperwork
* Birth Plan
* Body Pillow
* Tennis Ball
* Heating pad
* Massage oil
*Birthing ball
* Hard candy/Gum
* Comfy Pants (2+)
* Socks/Slippers
* Flip Flops
* Nursing Tanks (2+)
* Nursing bra
* Zip up hoodie
*Undies
* Going home outfit
* Water bottle
* Boppy
* Breast pump
* Lilly pads


For Daddy
* Snacks
* Books
* Clothes Changes

For Baby
*installed car seat
* Blankie
* Sleep gown
* Baby Take Home Outfit
* Baby's Book & basket for Hand/Footprints
* Nail file

Toiletries
* Toothbrushes + Paste (Nick and Shay)
* Deodorant (Nick & Shay)
* Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash/Lotion
* Hair Brush
* Hair Ties/Bobby pins
* Pads
* Make Up

Extras

* iPod + Charger
* Cell Phone + Charger
* Camera + Charger
* Computer+Charger

Got anything to add to this list?! I am sure I am forgetting some stuff!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Chelsey said...

Honestly you can probably do without the undies, they give you these mesh things and they are more comfortable than anything you can bring from home! Plus, they get messy, and you dont have to worry, just throw it in the trash! They have unlimited supply :) Look at me going on and on about mesh undies! Otherwise, sounds all good! I'm excited FOR you!

Dana said...

I heard to bring a boppy if you have one...especially if planning on breast feeding.

MJ said...

the kitchen sink!!!

Mallorey said...

Definitely agree with Chelsey about the undies. Those mesh things are super comfy!

And honestly, I know you don't want to hear this, but you will probably not use half the stuff you end up bringing. There is a blog about this from a l&d nurse. It is pretty funny. Let me see if I can find it.

Mallorey said...

Here it is. I thought this was kind of funny, b/c it is so true.

http://fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.com/2010/06/talkin-shopwhat-to-bring-to-hospital.html

Brandon and Megan said...

We packed swim trunks in case I needed help from Brandon in the shower...and I did so they came in handy for us. A friend who had a baby before me suggested it. I also used the boppy and the mesh undies were awesome lol. We brought our video camera but ended up only using the reg camera...I wish we had taken some video at the hospital.