Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thrifty Lamp!!

I have been searching high & low for a floor lamp to take the place of the one in our living room. I hate floor lamps with a passion. The ones I am drawn to are way out of my price range & I mean come on who wants to spend $100+ on a light! Not me!!

Found this little baby at a yard sale a few weekends ago...I asked the woman if it worked and she said she wasn't sure to be honest. I had already fallen in love with it an was hoping it would be cheap enough to care less...so when I asked her how much and she replied "50 cents" with that sweet southern drawl I about peed my pants & hollered "sold!"

I have for 2 other lamps in the room..however the more I think about those the more I want to get rid of them and just find some cool vintage lamps...I hear a craigslist add with their name all over it!!








At first I had great visions of it with distressing and paint...but then the more I thought about it the more I wanted it to look more simple..I suppose is the word. I knew I wanted a tan/cream more modern shade in linen or burlap...so I went to many a Goodwills and yard sales in search with no luck so I decided to just go ahead & splurge & spend the $20 for the perfect shade. Got it home & hated it. I had also picked up a black and cream (not my color scheme) shade as well for $3.74 and thought maybe it would hadd a bit more depth than just a solid shade when it was lit up. I decided to do the handy work involved..For some reason I thought I had taken pics of the lamp shade as I was covering it with the new fabric but I cannot find them...Anyways I love how it turned out!!!






Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

MJ said...

Looks Fantastic!!!