Thursday, August 5, 2010

Staring in my own show...

My own show: I shall name it the Itchy & Scratchy show. Wait is that already taken? Oh bother.

It seems as those these pregnancy hormones are drying out my skin or something...when my legs/arms/back come into contact with water I itch for like 3o minutes!! I swear my skin isn't dry!! After my showers I put enough lotion on to drown a bird not to mention the hydrating body wash I put on as well as baby oil. This has always been my routine minus a few gallons of lotion. Nothing seems to be working no matter what lotion I try!!



I notice it to bother me more after coming home a visit in VA. It seems to bother me for about 2 weeks after...so I think it may be the chlorine in our water? I dunno. This time it seems to be sticking around & out for a vengeance!! It was triggered severely today during my pre-natal water aerobics class!! EEEEK. It was brutal.

I got some Eucern itch relief sample stuff from the pediatricians meet & greet so I will be trying that out next shower. Since I already had a major reaction today & showered after the pool I won't be taking a shower for a few days and soaking up some the lotion & hoping maybe that will help?? I dunno. I am headed to my Dad's for the weekend on the other end of town & I don't want to add that water in the mix. So hubby helped me wash my hair in the sink this evening and it seems where the water got on my shoulders & arms is itchy UGH and I immediately put lotion on.

I asked my doc about this & she claims it is hormones...screw em' I say! I sure hope this ends soon!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Caroline O. said...

Shay- My friend was like this and they told her she had chloestasis. I dont know what other symptoms it has or anything, But I'd mention that at your next appt. Google it and see if it has any other symptoms.

Hope you get some releif soon!