Well or at least a new me :). Today started my first day of a new year with a new lifestyle, healthier diet; healthier body; healthier soul. This morning I woke up bright and early and was able to get out of bed and run over to the local gym (fitness 19) I signed up for a new gym membership for both Shay and me. We had been talking about it for a while and was waiting for Shay It was an to start feeling better. It was an amazing deal, we where able to get both of us a membership for a sign up cost of 50 bucks and only 26 bucks a month!!! Yahooooooo! What do you have to say to that Athletic Clubs? (BAC, RAC, LAC, MAC ect.) As a side tangent for those who aren't sure that most cities have there own Athletic club... Roanoke=RAC, Louisville=LAC. So due to the new membership I had my first experience at the gym of 2010! It was very good and refreshing... so refreshing it has me blogging! For 2010 some of my expectations is of course to get healthier as every year... but instead of doing it for the beach, something we all want to slim down for. I HAVE to get in shape for the hiking trip with my brother. Now some may say that it's the same as any other goal and easy to lose but its a pretty big pusher for me, "my thoughts" are you can go to the beach even when your big and uncomfortable with yourself... not so much on a hike. I feel confident I would be able to hike for 3 days right now and wouldn't be able to make it out... so I have to loose weight!!
Also we are going to try to get outdoors a little more than we used to. Last year we were off to a good start until Shay got sick again. I spent a lot of time with Shay helping her get better and with due cause! I loved every minute of taking care of my baby!! But GOD has blessed us with chances to become healthier and enjoy what he has created and I plan to spend every chance I get outdoors doing just that :)So we are looking forward to a lot of hiking, camping, and backpacking in 2010! Another goal is going to be getting back to church on a regular basis. It is always hard waking up on Sunday morning or making the time but I am hoping with my renewed energy with diet and exercise it will make it easier for me to roll out of bed. Another goal is to be a little more vocal with whats going on... whether its that much needed phone call to Grand-ma or to blog a little more for those who read this. Believe it or not blogging can reduce stress, get things off your chest and just make you emotionally feel better, not that I feel bad on the inside but it can't hurt can it? But I guess all of you who do the blogging and are reading this know it all. And for a good final goal out of the many I have...
I plan to love my wife more than I did last year. Yeah, it's a stupid goal cause I love her more and more every day, but she deserves it all... She has been so strong through this past year. Stronger than I could ever be. I only wish that this year I could have half of the strength she had last year. I love you baby!!!
Well until we meet again.....
Nick


1 comment:
You make your mother in-law so proud Nick. Stay the course you deserve it. Love you
Post a Comment