So I didn't get a chance to blog about this after we went but I wanted to share with everyone!
The weekend before my surgery I wanted to go to Santa Claus, Indiana to the Festival of lights. I wanted to get all the Christmasy things in I could before my surgery! We had such a wonderful time. The town is about an hour and a half away so when Nick got home from Eavansville that afternoon we hopped in the car, turned up the Christmas music, and headed that way! Christmas Lake Village, the main neighborhood in this small town puts on the festival and opens up their gates for all to come in! So many of the houses were decorated! The streets were all named in Christmas-like fashion. It took us over an hour to look at all the lights! It was so great! Little sections of the neighborhood had different themes like sheep & shepherds, the Grinch, Santa, snowmen etc. Halfway through we stopped at the clubhouse next to the lake and got cookies and hot chocolate. What a wonderful tradition we have started! I cannot wait to go again next year! Here are some fuzzy pictures for your enjoyment-thanks to Nick who wouldn't stop the car long enough to get a picture :O)
The weekend before my surgery I wanted to go to Santa Claus, Indiana to the Festival of lights. I wanted to get all the Christmasy things in I could before my surgery! We had such a wonderful time. The town is about an hour and a half away so when Nick got home from Eavansville that afternoon we hopped in the car, turned up the Christmas music, and headed that way! Christmas Lake Village, the main neighborhood in this small town puts on the festival and opens up their gates for all to come in! So many of the houses were decorated! The streets were all named in Christmas-like fashion. It took us over an hour to look at all the lights! It was so great! Little sections of the neighborhood had different themes like sheep & shepherds, the Grinch, Santa, snowmen etc. Halfway through we stopped at the clubhouse next to the lake and got cookies and hot chocolate. What a wonderful tradition we have started! I cannot wait to go again next year! Here are some fuzzy pictures for your enjoyment-thanks to Nick who wouldn't stop the car long enough to get a picture :O)
The day before mom flew in we got some snow
...of course our furbabies loved it! I just wish we would of had more snow!!


No comments:
Post a Comment