Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!




We hope everyone had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year!!! Of course I am not up for too much, so we headed over to Randy & Mal's to celebrate! We had some yummy snacks & started a few new traditions! We made hot fudge sundae's and wrote down 9 things we hope to accomplish in 2009. I am pretty confident in mine, I know the Lord has bigger plans for me this year! I am looking into school. I have been wanting to go back for years. I even enrolled in VA 2 times but never actually followed through with it. How sad, I know. I have been teetering on the idea of Radiology or Teaching forever. I am still up in the air. I have been looking into scholarships and grants as well. Of course I won't be starting on anything until summer or fall. A lot of what I will be doing with work and school depends on my pathology reports, we find out about my lymph nodes tomorrow. I am praying that they were clean and no additional cancer treatment will be needed. But I know that it is all in God's hands.

There have been a lot of changes at my job. No I have not been able to go back yet, but I am worried about when I will. Everyone I worked with has now quit. There is one gal left who is sticking around out of pity...until she finds something better. I don't even know if my boss will have the office I was working in when I go back to work. From what I here there was a lot of changes within our contracts that weren't so great, so I will be looking for a new job as well it looks like. As of right now the doctors already are saying when I go back they don't want me to go full time for a while because of the stress and what effects it will have on my body at that job.

I made an appointment with my endocrinologist to discuss my thyroid. I am really realizing how important doctors are. I was always so anti. I would try everything holistic I could before heading to see what the big dog charged me $20 for 5 minutes of their time & a short sentence about what was wrong. I also need to make an appointment with my dentist, obgyn, and my general doctor. So needless to say I will have a lot of appointments.
Mom is heading home on the 8th. I am pretty bummed. I am so thankful that she has been here to help me through my recovery. I know that there is no way that I could have done it without here here. Nick has had to work out of town a lot. He was able to come home yesterday evening and will be able to go to the doctors in the morning, but will be heading back out to work :O( We will be moving back in with Dad and Ruthie next weekend. I am sad to leave our house, but with me not working there is really no other options. Luckily I have disability on my car, so that payment is taken care of. With us staying at Dad's we will be able to make our bills and once I go back to work, it will be easier for us to get back on our feet. We will also be able to save enough for us to rent a house. I cannot believe how much my life has changed in 1 month, with just one word. That is all it took.
Here is to a happy and healthy 2009!
XoXo
Shaylynn







1 comment:

Bobbie Grant said...

Shay, you look so good to have just been cut on! I'm so glad to hear you're Cancer free! What a great way to start a year that ended so crappy.
Love you!
P.S. I've been thinking about you every day and contstantly checking your blogs and asking Gayenelle if she's heard from you guys. I know it's good for you to talk some, but I know you're already doing a fair bit of that to other people, so I haven't wanted to add to it. I'm hoping we can make a trip to see you soon! Love ya!