Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proud to be an American...

Well, this election is finally over and our country has elected Barack Obama as our first African American President, the 44th. I congratulate him for winning this race, but I couldn’t be more sad that he did. I am also not surprised that he has won, considering the help he had from both the media and the Republican Party.

Looking back on this election, it seems like it has been forever since we started on this road. It makes me wonder about our country, that we could elect such a liberal candidate as President. Couple that with people like Harry Reed and Nancy Pelosi leading the Congress and people like you and I may very well have a long four years in front of us.

Don't get me wrong I am proud to be an American and see history unraveling before my eyes. I am anxious to see these changes that Obama has promised.

No comments: