The air is thicker I tell you!
Happy Sunday Morning! Yup back to the grind tomorrow! I rarely blog on the weekends but this just cannot wait!!!Last night Mallorey, Randy, Nick, and I had plans to go to Longhorn for dinner and then head to the balloon glow and fireworks. Well like I mentioned before Nick was working yesterday and didn't get out of there until late. So by the time he got home & showered we were running behind and were all starving and knew that if we went to eat we would miss the balloon glow. Fortunately we all decided we should kick off fall with something spooky-Waverly! I know that 95% of you guys know that I love watching Ghost Hunters!!! They did an episode where they went to the Waverly Hills Sanatorium and then a special last Halloween where they filmed it live for like 24 hours!! I found out last year that they do a haunted house there every year as well as offer tours in the off season which we are totally going to do now that we broke the ice!We drove clear across town to the "south end"....we finally found the sign and were on our way! We went up this windy road to the top of a hill where we were met by the site of Waverly, a huge iron gate w/ a stop sign & a no trespassing sign on it, as well as "the parking master." She told us to head over and park and then head up the hill to the front side of the sanitarium. The building is so huge! Yes it looked big on tv...but I didn't expect that!! All the proceeds from the haunted house goes to the resoration on the sanatorium...you could see the dollars at work, there are a ton of windows that have been replaced and are brand new.
As we heeded up the hill to the front of the place the excitement really began! At the top of the hill was "base camp" where you got tickets, stood in line, could buy souveniers as well as glow sticks and such since there is no light in there. We got our tickets and our glowies and stood in line. A few minutes later "thriller" came on over the stereo and there was someone dressed as Michael Jackson as well as some other people that looked like they came back from the dead that did the thriller dance! It was so great!!!! The line went rather quickly and before we knew it we were standing at the entrance door!!! As soon as we walked through the big heavy door we were in a large room where a girl dresses in a nurses outfit went over the rules ie no cameras, lights, drugs, weapons..yada yada. Then she directed usto the check in nurse. It was a girl sitting behind a big counter just waiting....we stood there for a while waiting and waiting and she finally threw the red entrance rope to the floor and directed us which way to go. There were a bunch of different rooms depicting all types of scenes with people with tuberculosis. The scariest one for me was there was this girl in a room just standing there we talked in and she wouldnt get out of Nicks way and she got right up in our faces and did The Grudge sound the aahhahhhhhha-oooo so creepy! There was one person that came up behind Randy and gave him the finger up the the lips and said shhhh. He let go of Mallorey's hand and then she grabbed it and started making noises in her ear. All i have to say is Mallorey pretty much peed herself when she turned around! There were people that would pop out of the weirdest places...a lot of loud sounds and fake blood. The rooms were all really unique and creepy. But not necisarrily worth the money...The whole time I had my eyes out for Ghosts :O) But they stayed in hiding! I do have to say that there were some rooms that I went into that I could feel in my chest how heavy the air was...not like heavy because of dust or smoke but something else....who knows. There were plenty of rooms I grabbed Nick for dear life in and had to shut my eyes..there was a room with strobe lights and body bags. That creeped me out I thought for sure someone would pop out of one. There was a morgue room as well that I wasn't too excited to go into. There was even a toilet that spit water on you-gross!!!!Of course at the end there was the cliche chainsaw that made me laugh. Plenty of screams & fun! We cannot wait to go on the tour, they don't start the tours back up until after Halloween....I think that woul,d be more worth the money...since it isnt turned into a huanted house. It would be just you, your group, and the shadow people :O)I will post a few pics, you can see more on the shutterfly accounts. 


No comments:
Post a Comment