Who ever heard of white dog?
This is a little out of order but I knew it would be a pretty long one & I haven't had the time.
We had a wonderful time with Aundi & Wes on their visit! After they got here we headed out to do some "plorin." We stopped off downtown from some drinks on 4th Street at The Pub. It is this cute little "pub" where the men wear kilts! Of course I wanted to go there :O) After that we headed to the Highlands for some din din at Ditto's! It was super yummy! From there we headed to O'Shea's! We had such a great time drinking up the beer! We decided to stop off at the Liquor Barn (open to 12 am, who knew?) and got some more goodies and headed home to hang out there. The next morning we headed out early for the Makers Mark Distillery for some tasting & a tour. Getting there was almost as fun as the destination. It was where I like to call the backwoods of KY more like BFE. We had some half-ass directions and Aundi's VZ navigator on her phone. Well we got about 1/2 way there & her navigator decided to take a break. We didn't get lost really it was more or less like where in the hell are we?! Fun regardless. Once we got there we went on the distillery tour, our Tour guide was Becca. She was awesome! I don't know if the tour would have been nearly as fun if she was not doing it! We learned all about how they make the Bourbon and the history of it. It was very very interesting. Even though I am not a big Bourbon fan I am now a Makers fan for sure!!! We learned about "White Dog," this is the liquor that comes out before it is put in the oak barrels and aged. It is 130 proof. Then the liquor is but in those barrels until it passes a 19 person taste test who say whether or not it is up to Makers quality. Very cool. Well for the tasting we got to taste this so called "White Dog" thankfully they brought the proof down to 90! It was pretty much MOONSHINE. Blek. The Bourbon was super tasty. But I don't really know what I would drink it with besides Mint Juleps?! After the tasting and Aundi bought a bottle & dipped it in the hot red wax! She did a super duper dunk on hers & tried to get it to go down the whole bottle. It turned out pretty good!! After that we headed back to Louisville and went to the track. We made it in time for 2 races. We were 1 away from a nice $1000 tri-fecta! BOOOO! It was a total underdog we would have never predicted it! After we lost some money there we headed to Mike Linnings for some tasty fried food! haha MMM just thinking about it makes me want hush puppies! I think we are going to head back this weekend when the rest of the family is in town :O) Afterwards we were so full!! Aundi & I did some walking up on the flood wall paths. It helped some but I sure did want to roll down that hill afterwards! We headed to my dads for some good ole' fashioned family time and some wine. Aundi & Wes were able to meet my mamaw, my sister Kim, my bro Rodger his wife Lisa and 2 of my nephews Blake & Bryson. I am glad that they were able to meet them! We headed home afterwards and chit-chatted and then off to bed we went! The next morning I had to head to work but Nick, Wes, & Aundi headed to this breakfast place I had seen/heard about, Wild Eggs. They all have been raving about it since! I wanna go (stomping feet)! I cannot wait for the next time they come up to visit! We had a great time!! Thanks for all the fun!!I cannot wait for tonight!! The rest of the Grant Clan will be here!! Mom & Pop G, Corey, Bobbie, & Reagan will be spending the 4th of July with us! We are so excited!! I cannot express how happy & grateful that you all have made the effort to come visit us several times!! It means the world to us. We love that we have a 3 bdr apt so that we can hold everyone :O) haha I never would have though that we would have had so many visitors in the past month & a half!!! Well I think I will go get some work done so that the day will go by quicker aka the family will be here sooner!!Love ShayXoXo
No comments:
Post a Comment