Monday, April 7, 2008

What does SPU even stand for?!?!

So from last Wednesday until the end of May I am in the Allstate SPU (Sales Producer University) class. YUCK. Yup that is right 8 weeks of a training class that I have pretty much already been through. The only part I do not know 100% is the actual product info. I suppose it is pretty important in order to actually sell the insurance, right? I am mostly bummed cause I don't get to play on the Internet ie myspace, wedding planning, blogging...TEAR. Regardless, I think it may be the death of me.

As I so obviously mentioned above I haven't been able to blog much & I am withdrawals. I have a few things I want to rant about: I missed the Shooter Jennings concert on the 3rd as well as the Marie Digby show on the 4th. I suck. I had forgotten to check Velocity the past 2 issues and I missed 2 of the my fave's!!!!!! I am going to try to get up to Chicago to see April Smith but Nick is not a big fan so I am going to check with some of my new friends-not that I think that she is their style but I am still crossing my fingers!

Let me see what else...I was pretty busy last week so I didn't even blog about last weekend (meaning the one before this past one) To recap-We went to Roanoke for the weekend. We had an absolutely wonderful time. We got in about 12 or soo on Fri night & met up w/ Aundi & wes & some of their friends downtown at Blue's BBQ. We had not seen them in a while and it was SOOOO great to see them! Aundi was such a hoot after a few tasty drinks! When we made it to the house it was so weird. The last time we were in town it totally didn't feel like home. This time it felt like somebody else's house but all my stuff in it-too weird. We are most definitely ready to get all our stuff moved and get into our apartment with our pooch (awwww i miss Diesel) Anyway Saturday my sister & Heather and I headed to Blacksburg to try on BM dresses. If you feel the need to hear how that disaster went read the wedding blog..honestly I don't want to re-live it. Afterwards we headed to Sarah's mother's house for Kaelynn's 1st birthday! It was so much fun & I was glad I got to see Sarah's mom, she is so sweet! Kae seemed to have a great time and once she finally dug into her cake we all bolted she was a mess! Afterwards Danyell and I did some more dress/stress shopping! Afterwards I met up with all the family at Gayenelle & Chucks! Awwwww it was so great to get be with everyone at once. It makes me get the warm & fuzzies :O) Afterwards all the "youngins" headed off to party for the night! We made a pit stop at Don Ho's to meet up with Sarah, Mack, Dawn, & Elizabeth. Then we headed downtown! It was a great night! I am so thankful to have such wonderful people to love! Sunday we went to Gayenelle & chucks & visited with them for a while before heading home.

This past week was a nightmare! I had to take my ins lic exam...I failed the 1st time with a 60!!! Ok ok I know it sounds bad & believe me I was so embarrassed-but I have to admit that I was really upset. I still have my VA license and yes I was much skinnier than I am now so it doesn't look exactly like me & anytime anyone questions it I get totally bummed & upset. Well the test proctor was like WOW this can't be you....well needless to say I was on the verge of tears clicked some half read answers saw I failed & headed as quickly as I could for the door. Well on Wednesday I went to a different testing center with a sweet little older lady who didn't make a peep about my picture. I passed with an 89% on the casualty section. YAY for me! That is the good news. The bad...the Property section application didn't get processed correctly & I have yet to take the exam. My boss is working on it...good thing too....if not I would be consuming my sad little life with the Internet all day instead of being in this thrilling SPU class!

Hope everyone has a great week! I will post about last weekend when I get a chance...
I am getting so excited! THUNDER=5 days!!!!

Shay
XoXo



No comments: