Thursday, March 20, 2008

Toe Truck

Nick- "Ask Lexie if her toe is feeling better, if not I will call a toe truck"

Tuesday night we got a call from Alexis. She told me that she had cut her toe on a can of corn. I was pretty interested in how this happened but that was besides the point. She said she was on her way to the Er and wanted me to come to the hospital. I was a little confused why. I asked her if it was still bleeding & if it hurt she said no. Well I finally talked to Lisa (her mom) and she said that she had vut a pretty deep slice in between her 2nd & 3rd toes!! They said that they could seen cartalidge and bone! YIKES! So Nick and I quickly finished up dinner & headed to the Hospital! We walked through the ER doors and hear one of the most heart wrenching screams ever. I prayed that it was not her! Well when we rounded the corner toward her room the screams were louder. OH NO!! We finally got to her door and realized that she was crying & screaming but it was not the same scream we were hearing when we walked in the door, thankfully, but my heart just went out to that child!!!! We knocked on the door and walked in right as they were numbing her poor little toe! She ended up having to get 5 stiches!! Sweet baby girl did such a good job! I am so proud of her for being so strong!! She was put on some meds and strapped in a goofy looking post-op boot! The doc said she could get her stiches out in 2 weeks! We are just thankful that she will be ok!!! :O)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! She sounds adorable, I'd love to see a picture! So brave, so brave.