First & foremost we want to say thanks to Bobbie & Corey for having us all over on Saturday to celebrate Gayenelle's birthday! We had a wonderful time!!!
We had a great weekend. It was slightly too busy for my liking, but hey...I think it was worth it. We were running a bit off schedule on our way out of Louisville but all in all things wen well & we made it in town about 1 am. I thanks the Lord everyday for giving us the knowledge to advance our technologies...boy was I EXTRA thankful on Friday & Sunday. It allowed our niece Alexis, who tagged along, to fill her 7 hour drive with movies. Kept her busy for the most part. We were pretty drained when we got there, so off to bed we went as soon as we walked in the door.
I felt like a lil old lady who wanted to head off to bed by 10:00...on both FRI & SAT! I cannot believe it! My body is getting used to this schedule! Had to go off on that small tangent for a bit. Back to the real story.
Saturday we were up in enough time to run to the store to get a filter & some coloring books & crayons for Lex and some breakfast. Wanna know a secret I wanted to go back to bed oh so bad. But that shouldn't surprise you? We got ready & headed to Corey & Bobbie's for the birthday bash! Unfortunently G-ma Grant, Aundi & Wes couldn't make it but it was great to see everyone else! Oh goodness the food was so good. I had forgotten all about poppy seed chicken & was SUPER (yes that's my new word) excited!!! I don't know if I just forgot to get up and get more or if I got sidetracked talking or worrying about Alexis...but I only got one helping. I am totally & utterly distraught! I suppose that is how a lot of mothers feel. One with the pregnancy mush brain forgetting things and 2 worrying about their children. Ready for another tangent? Nick and I have been experiencing a teency weency part of the lives of parents. Almost every weekend my niece wants to come stay with us. We watch my nephew some but mostly her. I can honestly say I cannot wait to be a mother. I know in my heart that Nick is going to be one of the best fathers in the world. I am so excited to be able to bring a child into this world. Not that it is happening soon, well until after the wedding then we shall see. But anyways being able to experience this lifestyle has brought so much joy into our lives. It really makes you think about what is important in life and what are the things that I can do to better myself, so that when we do decide to have children, they will be blessed with a wonderful life. Oh goodness I have the fever. I have been teasing Nick for having it & I suppose I am right there with him. OK back to the Poppy seed chicken...I want more of it & I do mean now. I have been craving it since I realized I only got one helping!!!! I do hope that Bobbie will be willing to share the recipe or better yet make me a ginormous batch of it and send it my way ;O)
After Gayenelle's birthday party Alexis and I met up with Danyell, Amie, & Heather to take a look at dresses for the wedding. We had a ball! I only wish that they had the dress that I picked out, but I mean I suppose I cannot complain-It's Roanoke to say the least they have a limited selection on just about everything. We dropped Alexis off w/ Danyell for the night & we headed off to meet friends. I took Nick to the bowling alley to meet up with the Allstaters who were doing the Bowl-Athon & I headed out to see my love Sarah. Afterwards I met up with Nick and all the Allstate Don Ho's Crew. We had such a great time. It was absolutely wonderful seeing everyone! Tracy & Rob were in town and Josh Pope & Lil Meg & John were there too which was all an extra special treat!!! We have lots of fun pics from the night that we will post soon! I really am so thankful to have such wonderful people in my life. Am I mushy gushy today or what!?!
Sunday was a bit of a whirlwind....we woke up had to take Mack to get her car, picked up Lexie, cleaned house, got some wedding stuff from the basement, packed up some more stuff & out the door we went. The house was being showed at 1:15 and we left at 1:25 good thing they were running late. We stopped by mom & pop G's for a bit & Regan & Corey were there :O) We had some yummy food and socialized for a bit before we headed back to Louisville. It was hard saying bye. Gayenelle got pretty emotional which made me get pretty emotional but I didn't let her see that. We just want everyone to know that we will be trying to make it to Roanoke as often as our budget and bodies can allow. We get a lil jet lagged doing it over a weekend but it is do-able.
Since Monday I have pretty much consumed my entire life with wedding stuff. I am becoming more & more obsessed daily. Monday I met with a photographer. Love love love them. Tonight we are meeting with a caterer. YUMMO! Anyways I won't bore you all with that.
In other news we have recieved word that the people who came to take a peek at the hosue on Sunday is very interested in a 2nd showing & possibly going to make an offer. YAY!!!!
I am so sorry that this is all over the place but I really just felt the urge to blog...and I still have the urge so don't be surprised if there is another one on here.
Love you all
<3
Shaylynn
XoXo


1 comment:
Good luck with the house! :) My parents are trying to sell their house in Folsom. They have someone coming back on Sunday to see the house again also.
So glad you're excited about your wedding and things are going so well! :)
I do remember your BRIGHT red hair. Who could forget? Haha!
Post a Comment