We cannot express how happy we were to move to Louisville and frankly "get to know" my brothers and sister there. I had never really had a chance to do that as an adult and was so happy to do so. When we moved we didn't have intentions for starting a family so soon so I was focusing on the family in Louisville and spending as much time as I could with them. Once we got married and I was diagnosed it seemed like a lot of things went haywire. I wasn't able to spend as much time with family or see them as often, especially after we had Briggsley. When we first moved there we had a great time with our niece Alexis and nephew Bryson! It was such a joy to go pick them up and have sleepovers for the weekend! It was fabulous spending time with my nephew Justin and his girlfriend Brooke! It was so great to watch Justin grow into such a wonderful man and father over the past 5 years. It was a blessing to have their baby boy Brayden born into the family and has been so much fun to watch him grow. I can honestly say I learned a lot about my brother Gary and sister Kim and a little about Eddie. I wish that I was able to get to know them more and have them more in my life, especially when we lived there. I am so happy to have been able to live so closely to them all and really get to know them as people and family members.
We deeply miss my Dad and Ruthie and are so thankful that they have done for our entire family. We are forever indebted to them. They have both taught me so much about being a good mother, family member, and person. They have been there through everything, both good and bad, God really has blessed me with such wonderful people in my life.
I still am shocked to say I am living in Roanoke...for the 3rd time. I thought we would never come back. But hey, third times a charm right?


No comments:
Post a Comment