Friday, July 23, 2010

Pitch a tent.

Last weekend we went camping! Yup, thats a right, this mommy-to-be headed out into the woods for the weekend! We went with some friends and family! We had such a wonderfcul time!! My only concern for the weekend was a place to swim and food of course! We didn't treck off into the middle of nowhere like we normally would to go camping, we headed over into Indiana to a campground, fully equiped with a lake, paddle boats, and electic/water! I haven't been camping like that in years!!!

We had a great time despite the fact that I thought it couldn't get any hotter! My lifesaver of a brother brought a giant industrial fan that kept me somewhat comfortable!!!

Friday night we were hit with a giant thunderstorm after we hung by the camp fire for a few hours! IT WAS INSANE! Sleeping in a tent during a storm that big was needless to say not the worst part! That would be the fact that I had to pee at 3:30am when the storm was in full force!!! I woke everyone in the tent up laughing hysterically because of this. I just couldn't help but think how funny it was that I was praying that a magical diaper would show up on my body! No such luck, so yup I headed out into the storm to pop a squat cause there was no way I was going to make it all the way over to my brothers camper & back w/ out peeing myself. The joys of pregnancy!

We survived the storm and stayed dry-well those of us who stayed in the tent that is ;O)

Saturday we hung by the lake most of the day. It was a nice way to stay cool & relax. We got hit with some more rain but nothing that wasn't managed with some time in the camper playing progressive gin!

We had such a great weekend! Cannot wait to go again once the babies (Annie is pregnant too) are here next year when it isn't so hot!!!

Click here to view these pictures larger



Photobucket

No comments: